So, AMG owners, how’s your Fuel Consumption?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow!

30mpg is amazing!

Now I can actually share as an AMG owner feeling proud :) I've decided to not measure frequently as it is smiles per gallon for me but did two measures on my 2012 C63 fuel consumption out of curiosity.

Highway + country side on legal speed: 27.97 mpg
Daily driven in city traffic without any pulls etc: 14 mpg

I find this thread amusing, drive any AMG car within UK speed limits and you can get reasonably MPG, mine, a NA 5.5 SLK V8 with a moderate tune and no speed limter gets a regular 35+ MPG going to work M4/M25/A40 and a few B roads.. On a country lane run about 14+.. around town as much as I can as although making noise is fun I like my license and although I am a shell shareholder I am only getting back a minute amount of what I spend. On a recent Autobahn speed run 7.1 MPG.. smiles per gallon is best but burning fuel for noise does not interest me.. :)

My CLA45s just managed 36mpg on a 5 and a half hour motorway drive from Manchester to Scotland, fairly impressed with that.

Who cares, but for what its worth about 14 around town and anything up to about 26 on a run. Long term avaerage is about 22. During the petrol "crisis" I had to do a 250 mile round trip with just over half a tank, so sat at 50 on the motorway (a combination of boring and dangerous) and got it up to 31.5. Never seen a 3 as the first number.... and I hope I never will again!

I find this thread amusing, drive any AMG car within UK speed limits and you can get reasonably MPG, mine, a NA 5.5 SLK V8 with a moderate tune and no speed limter gets a regular 35+ MPG going to work M4/M25/A40 and a few B roads.. On a country lane run about 14+.. around town as much as I can as although making noise is fun I like my license and although I am a shell shareholder I am only getting back a minute amount of what I spend. On a recent Autobahn speed run 7.1 MPG.. smiles per gallon is best but burning fuel for noise does not interest me.. :)
Do you never go over 50? I have never seen better than 26mpg average on my daily driven E55 on any journey and my overall average is 19.something. 35mpg is better than Mercedes quote for purely open road driving let alone a whole journey average.

Do you never go over 50? I have never seen better than 26mpg average on my daily driven E55 on any journey and my overall average is 19.something. 35mpg is better than Mercedes quote for purely open road driving let alone a whole journey average.

I don't go over 50 in a 50mph limit.. if that's what you mean? I don't tend to believe manufacturer claims (especally with this model) as is said, there are lies, damn lies, and manufacturer claims. On my journey home today I managed 40.7 mpg (I would post a pic but not sure how to downsize a picture) but if you look at the picture under my name it shows 35.2 mpg average over 430 odd miles.. This is just a week's travel to work with the odd trip to Morrisons for supplies.. it is my daily driver and I am not on an economy drive....

At 180+mph it returns around 7mpg, it is far more fun at this speed but it is unattainable in the UK, even on a track, which generally returns around 9mpg. I am really not into losing my license or making noise/boosting Esso profits for no reason but as long as it's done safely and with consideration for others there is no problem.

AMG's are great cars, incedible fun and a great way toget to work each day.. they make going to work in the morning something to enjoy.. :)

Interesting to see how everyone’s fuel consumption is going?

I use the free app ‘Fuelly’ to record all of my petrol fill ups and calculate my fuel consumption.

So in my 2011 C63 125 Edition, my latest average is 13.6mpg. The best I’ve had is 16.5mpg.

I live in Essex, most of my driving is in town/city. I only use Shell V-Power. But I only use the car for leisure and pleasure. I don’t use it for work or drive it every day.
You don't buy AMG cars to save the planet!:cool:

Perhaps weirdly, my w205 c63 coupe does about the same or maybe even slightly worse than my AMG GTR did, presumably because it’s heavier even though it has less power 🤷‍♂️

20210528-133541.jpg
[/url]

I’ve just acquired a 15 month old C43 Cab. with 8k on the clock. Over the last two fill ups, the on board comp. showed 21.6 mpg…my calculations showed 22, so unusually, the obc was spot on. But, that’s based on around town driving,…..though not always in Comfort mode and with lots of short trips using Shell V. That is within my expectations and I can live with it. I would expect that to rise come longer, Summer, hood down trips. My previous E350 cab did 30 mpg easily. .

Does anyone know if the face lift W204 C63‘s fuel consumption is any different to the pre face lift version’s?

I believe that the face lift version had a clutch pack as opposed to the pre face lift version‘s torque converter.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom