So, AMG owners, how’s your Fuel Consumption?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im not into single figures yet 🤣
20210528-133541.jpg
[/url]

I also got a record for me at the weekend...27.3mpg over 155 miles, helped by M4 speed limits.
I very rarely see over 25mpg, but having the dogs in the car limited my exuberant driving.
5.5 biturbo S212.

Not sure why people say AMGs are expensive to fuel, Ive always put £50 in each time I go to the petrol station, never costs any more per visit.

;)

My thing has always been to just keep mine brimmed, each time I spot a Shell i top it up... wallet gets less of a spanking then :banana:

What a boring thread for AMG owners forum! the OP should be banned for a week at least for starting this of!
and anybody who encourages him should get two weeks ban, get a life you lot and drive your cars like there meant to be driven, within national speed limits of course :) whats the point of engineering fantastic
exhaust note into these cars and then driving them so that you can barely hear them! crazy,
Brilliant engineers have spent hours designing engines, transmissions, running gear,braking systems, etc to handle all this power and all the OP wants to do is keep a check on his fuel consumption, drives me nuts

What a boring thread for AMG owners forum! the OP should be banned for a week at least for starting this of!
and anybody who encourages him should get two weeks ban, get a life you lot and drive your cars like there meant to be driven, within national speed limits of course :) whats the point of engineering fantastic
exhaust note into these cars and then driving them so that you can barely hear them! crazy,
Brilliant engineers have spent hours designing engines, transmissions, running gear,braking systems, etc to handle all this power and all the OP wants to do is keep a check on his fuel consumption, drives me nuts
Spoken like someone who doesn’t drive an AMG….but anyway

I can only speak for myself of course but, strangely enough, I don’t drive everywhere balls out at 110%. Sometimes I actually like to drive calmly and take it easy, sometimes there’s heavy traffic, sometimes you can’t do more than the speed limit…….imagine that!

Absolutely off the hook crazy huh?

Excuse me! I do drive a AMG if you care to look at my signature a W211 E55K so i am a member of your exclusive club!

I think the thread was a point of interest, rather than an obsession with frugality?

I love my AMG, the noise, the power, the speed, the overtaking, but i can't drive like an utter &%$£ the WHOLE time 😆

Excuse me! I do drive a AMG if you care to look at my signature a W211 E55K so i am a member of your exclusive club!

Ok so on your last visit to the shops/family/wherever, did you start your journey with a 50 metre rolling burnout, followed by a qualifying lap pace style drive to your destination, clipping every apex on the way?

No? I thought not - and neither do I, get it?

Ok so on your last visit to the shops/family/wherever, did you start your journey with a 50 metre rolling burnout, followed by a qualifying lap pace style drive to your destination, clipping every apex on the way?

No? I thought not - and neither do I, get it?
No thats the point! i dont GET IT! Ho have a nice day checking your fuel gauge!

Relax. Just a simple observation, that’s all.

I mean, the Trip Computer shows you your fuel consumption in all AMG cars, going back well over 10 years now.

AMG didn’t disable the Fuel Consumption reading, so it’s there for all drivers to see.

No harm in looking at it and comparing figures with other drivers.

And most importantly, if you find a thread boring then simply don’t participate. Just skip it and enjoy your day.

Have done 5,800 miles since picking my GTR up at the end of September and the Mercedes me app says I've averaged 16.1 mpg in total, over the course of a tank the best I've got is 19mpg and worst is 9mpg and went through a brand new set of Cup2s in about 4,500 miles all with no track driving :p

Reactions: BJC
Have done 5,800 miles since picking my GTR up at the end of September and the Mercedes me app says I've averaged 16.1 mpg in total, over the course of a tank the best I've got is 19mpg and worst is 9mpg and went through a brand new set of Cup2s in about 4,500 miles all with no track driving :p
I like that level of dedication. I used to have a Toyota MR2 Mk3, my rears lasted around 10-12k miles. I'm now on over 12k with my C63, and I've still got 4mm left, which I take to mean I'm not as crazy as I used to be. I would like to do a send-off for them, but I think I'd either go beyond my means and damage the car or dent my pride (maybe both!).

I floor mine everywhere, the whole time in my 65 MPG car.

After owning my E63 (M157) since 21st of May, I seem to be getting about 21mpg normally.

But was very impressed when it achieved 28mpg on the motorway on the way to Birmingham.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom