Some fun with STAR (with Dev Mode)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbzclk

Car
An AMG
Hi guys,

I've kindly had the use of STAR (with DEV mode) for a couple of weeks.

It's been really good so far and have been able to do a number of things so far.

Looking at posting up the how-to's (many are on the internet but can be hard to find)

On my W209:

I enabled Tank Content (Gallons remaining) - very commonly done and quite easy to do.

I am due to carry out a 7G and Torque converter lockup clutch adaptations and get completely silky smooth 7G shifts.

I am also intending to enable Key dependency and Date in the cluster

I don't want to enable temp / kph but may consider doing so

Tried the siren for lock unlock but didn't like the noise (personally)

I was unable to enable flashing rear lights (emergency braking) - I think my rear SAM is too old to support this. :(

My brothers W203 I enabled tank content and cornering lights and will look into mirror fold/unfold on lock& unlock, and the ABS based TPMS.

Thinking of what else I need / want to do...

Feel free to ask anything or suggest any mods...

Thanks for the thread.
I've just purchased Multiplexer C3 so will eagerly await your findings ;)

Sort your box out with it Chris? ;)

To enable cornering lights:

Body -> SAM-F -> CONTROL UNIT ADAPT -> READ CODING AND CHANGE...

Set Turning Lamps to PRESENT

To enable tank content remaining (gallons left)

Inf & Comm -> Instr. Custer -> Diag. to Plant Spec. -> Control Unit Adapt. -> Variant Coding -> Read Coding and change....

Set TANKINFO in REICHWEITENBILD to ENABLE

- You then need to reset the "kombiinstrument" (reboot)
Reset in DEV: Steuergeraet Resetten (PowerON-Modus) (FN_Reset_SG_Power_ON)

I've written this up after having done this using DAS Simulator.

***Some reading led me to find some sites say to also enable: Menu RR: Reichweite/Tankinfo

But mine works without so I didn't enable this second one...

To enable flashing brake lights on emergency braking (missing on my SAM:()

Control Units -> Body -> Rear SAM -> Dev. Data -> Control Unit Adapt. -> Control Unit Adapt. (Variant Coding)

Scroll to: Parameter Notbremsung, in the submenu you will have two more options: select zugelassen (enable)

Think the first choice is flashing brake and second is hazard lights, enable one or the other or both...

Enable Date in the Cluster (I've yet to do this one)

Control Units -> Inf. & Comms. -> IC - Instr. cluster -> Diag. to plant spec -> Control unit adapt. -> Control unit adapt. ( Variant coding ) -> Variantkodierung Werkseinstellungen: Set "Datumsanzeige Grundbildebene" to aktiv. (active)

- Then reboot the cluster

If anything is incorrect, feel free to correct me, if you have any questions please ask.

Had transmission built in the States, all internals upgraded to withstand up to 1000bhp but valve body has a fault......

I have found that the simulator is not always correct in Dev mode. Also when coding the SAM on a W169 for cornering lights, I kept getting a write error when writing the new coding back to the SAM. Looks like something else needs configuring first before coding the SAM.

I did it on the W203 without issue.

I just used Dev to rewrite the steps I had taken...

Not 100% sure what to suggest.

Please, please tell me if it's possible on my W212 to disable the tailgate function via the key fob.

I'm absolutely teed off with having people come and tell me the back of my car is open because of slipping the fob into the front pocket of a pair of jeans. On one occasion it was 1am in the morning. My local dealer says no-go but TBH, I'm not convinced that they bothered to look.

Hi

I'm not sure if it is possible, I have the same issue on my W209 it literally takes a 1 second click of the boot button and it opens.

On my W208 I used to have you used to have to hold the button for around 3 seconds,

I believe this is a key issue, unless someone knows otherwise and can advise.

These STAR tips do not relate to my vehicle and I am unable to test / confirm it is correct, just found it when browsing and happy to share...

Reset / Extend SBC Service Life

Make sure engine is running !!!

In Developer mode you need to go to Entwickelingsdaten - > ansteueringen -> Gesamstliste aller Ansteuerungen

to see how many times brake has been pressed there is a line that says: Bremsenzahler (DJ_GetBrLive)

then 1 line down there you see Bremsenzahler aktualisieren und Lebensdauerzahler F neu berechenen -> click it !
Parameter uINBR = 0
then click F3

1 line down Bremsenzahler auf beliebigen Wert setzen (DJ_SetNBr) -> click it
Parameter uINBR = 0
then click F3

then scroll down untill you see the line's :

Lebensdauerzahler F neu berechenen (DJ_CalcLiveTime)
Parameter uINBR = 0
then click F3

Lebensdauerzahler F neu berechenen und schreiben (DJ_BuildAndWriteF)
Parameter uINBR = 0
then click F3

Log out of SBC !!
log out of verhicle !!

let engine run at least 10 minutes or drive at least 10 minutes

If no coils are damaged , SBC fault code is not AKTUEL no more.

^ Not so sure it is a good idea posting that. DVD/TV in motion on the Comand screen is illegal.

It is - I don't have it on my car and wouldn't but plenty do and will,

The information is out there - and with aftermarket people just don't hook up the handbrake feed wire.

Anyway it's been removed

Update for today (will add detail tomorrow)

Enabled date on W203, couldn't find the option on the W209. I'll look further tomorrow (although I did find the date format option so it must be somewhere)

I enabled Key Dependency on my W209 that was quite cool and allows me to have different settings set on each key. :cool:

Enabled mirror folding on lock / unlock for the W203 (it had 1 touch on the buttons (facelift) but didn't work on lock unlock)

It now has the menu on the cluster and works as it should.

I wasn't much interested in enabling temp in the cluster as I need kph when I go to France / Germany.

I have the date display and rather like it...

The temp-in-cluster display does not eliminate the KM/H display - it simply allows you to choose it when you want it, rather than being forced to have it displayed at all times.

Other mods enabled on my W203 (facelift) include:

ESP-based TPMS

Amount of fuel left in tank (not very useful)

Beep on lock/unlock (great feature and the volume can be adjusted - mine is perfect on 20%)

No Cornering fog lights (I don't have HIDs) or key dependancy (I don't have full-electric seats)

Last edited:
Most options are already enabled on my W209 (TPMS, Mirror Folding, and so on.)

I enabled a few on the W209 such as Tank Content, mirror folding (with menu option) and will look at enabling the kph/temp with the menu option to switch it around.

I'm yet to find the date option for the W209, but have done for the W203 (instructions on the previous page)

Tyre Pressure Loss Warner to be enabled on the W203 this evening fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Good luck, nice to see you doing something constructive with ie :)

Successfully enabled TPMS for the W203.

1. Enable TPMS in the EIS/EZS (Control Unit Adapt.) - First Option is for ALL Codes - Select TPMS and enable.
2. Go to ESP - New option appears for TPMS, Turn it on / enable it.
3. Option then appears in instrument cluster.

Can provide more detailed instructions if required!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom