Thinking of selling my C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Presumably that's retail price at a dealer though (with warranty etc.)? You're not going to receive that as a seller ... I also think that WBAC offer sounds pretty good. They quoted a higher price to me than any dealer was prepared to pay when I was selling a low mileage V6 4Motion VW.

You may nominally get a bit more if you trade it in but they'd probably have given you the extra as discount if you hadn't had a part-ex. Of course trading in is very convenient if you can't be without a car ... that can be worth more than squeezing the last £100 out of a deal :)

There's a lot to consider at the moment, the deal has to be worth it for me or I might as well just keep it and enjoy it a bit more.

Car is 9 months old so is still under manufacturers warranty ;)

I'll give you £35k cash for it.

If you go for a new RS6 you should be able to get up to £10k off list if you push hard and get the right dealer on the right day.

You won't get that level of discount plus £40k for your car too though and ultimately they will end up balancing out.

I can do you a straight swap with with my Volvo 940 1996, it has 4 doors and 7 seats option, and low mileage. :)

Why spend 40K when you can spend £400. :D

You can have the C63 for free, you just take over the finance payments ;)

Mine was a serious offer

PM if you want to discuss

Did it sell privately?

Sold back to GC Motors, they collected it today, felt strange to see the guy drive it away, lump in the throat and all that.

Only had it 5 months, maybe not long enough, maybe I'll have the new one next year :)

So what are you getting??

I hope i am not hijacking the post if i am i apologise in advance. if i had to sell c63 privately, what sort means of payment would you ask the buyer. most seller advertise car as cash on collection. would that be quite risky as opposed to bank transfer?
thanks

Last edited:
Cash is always best. If you're concerned about your personal security with all that cash on you, you could do the handover of the cash in the local branch of your bank, and pay it in on the spot.

I hope i am not hijacking the post if i am i apologise in advance. if i had to sell c63 privately, what sort means of payment would you ask the buyer. most seller advertise car as cash on collection. would that be quite risky as opposed to bank transfer?
thanks

I have done this before for £20k+ when I sold an M3.

Met the guy, he test drove the car and liked it, drove to the bank where he paid the cash into my account. He then gave me a list home and off it went.

You can do an account transfer these days though and it's instant with Faster Payments option, I don't think they charge you for it either.

So what are you getting??

I don't know yet!!!

Going to look at an Audi A6 3.0 BiTDi at the weekend but am unsure how much of a come down it's going to be after a C63!

I have done this before for £20k+ when I sold an M3.

Met the guy, he test drove the car and liked it, drove to the bank where he paid the cash into my account. He then gave me a list home and off it went.

You can do an account transfer these days though and it's instant with Faster Payments option, I don't think they charge you for it either.

From my experience they cap it at 25K per day. I had trouble with the sale of my C63, but the chap had a nice night in a Premier Inn for his troubles.

Going to look at an Audi A6 3.0 BiTDi at the weekend but am unsure how much of a come down it's going to be after a C63!

Deeply competent, but not anywhere near as engaging or exciting as a 63.

Even with the pretend rorty exhaust note, the lack of sound tricks you in to thinking you're not going as fast as you really are.

Deeply competent, but not anywhere near as engaging or exciting as a 63.

Even with the pretend rorty exhaust note, the lack of sound tricks you in to thinking you're not going as fast as you really are.

I know it's a fake sound but it can easily be manipulated, we'll see anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom