Tony Purslow M-B no more?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Noticed this morning that the Tony Purslow group no longer lists M-B as a marque ... just Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep: Tony Purslow

Something to do with the M-B / Chrysler split?

The branch I use is now Mercedes-Benz of Guildford

Although if you burrow down a bit you will still find "Tony Purslow" in places: service discounts ;)

I've got a MOT booked in at TP Basingstoke the week after next so they are still taking bookings!

When you click on M-B there you are redirected to the Mercedes website. Yet if you type "Tony Purslow" into the "find a retailer" box on M-B UK it says no matches?!

I'm sure this is just a change of name though.

I suspect that they have sold up to MB and are just concentrating on the 'other' cars in their portfolio.

I'll ring them up and ask!

Something strange going on. When I click on the Mercedes link now, I'm sent to Tony Purslow Mercedes Benz!

Right. They are becoming Mercedes Benz of Guildford. A recent change apparently!

Could be no more than a corporate branding issue made somewhat more difficult by the messy Daimler-Chrysler divorce.

I certainly hope so!

They re-named Mercedes-Benz of Guildford when they re-located to the Slyfield Ind. Est. Still Tony Purslow, trading as Mercedes-Benz of Guildford SFAIK

Just something i found interesting, i got a invitation from Tony Purslow a while back (I also go to the Guildford one), to visit a new dealership they have opened in Basingstoke, its an Alfa Romeo dealership. They're going to have a celebrity Italian chef in for the evening cooking up food for the guests!!

http://www.tonypurslowalfaromeo.co.uk/

I was in Purslows yesterday and apparently they are still owned by Tony Purslow but, under their franchise/dealership agreement they have to rebrand the business if they move premises. Hence MB have insisted they are now called Mercedes Benz of Guildford. The consolation was a small Tony Purslow sign out the front of the building.

As an aside, they had a lovely Mystic blue SL550 in the showroom plus a W204 estate.

I do training and events at Merrist Wood College which is just down the road from the old T P Guildord premises (on the Aldershot road). In their equestrian centre they have big advertising boards up on the walls ... one of them being for "Puttocks Mercedes-Benz" (picture of an 80s E Class estate). That's what the old Guildford T P was previously!

I do training and events at Merrist Wood College which is just down the road from the old T P Guildord premises (on the Aldershot road). In their equestrian centre they have big advertising boards up on the walls ... one of them being for "Puttocks Mercedes-Benz" (picture of an 80s E Class estate). That's what the old Guildford T P was previously!

Certainly was. It was owned and run by a friend of my fathers by the name of Mick Brown. Does anyone remember when their showroom was opposite the firestation in Guildford?

Tony Purslow Limited are still very much an authorised retailer in Basingstoke, Guildford and Hindhead. As mentioned previously ALL new MB premises have to now be branded "Mercedes-Benz TOWN NAME". Hindhead was the first to be re-named followed by Guildford when it re-located to Slyfield and Basingstoke will comply shortly. The business is still owned and operated by Tony Purslow Limited and their management team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom