Trim Quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's disgusting. I've said before, gone are the days when you bought a Merc for build quality. I've had 14 new cars in my life and the only warranty probs ever have been on the Mercs (5 on the first one and 4 so far after 3 months with this one.

I know I'll get flamed for this but Mercedes have a long way to go before they reach the build quality of BMW and Audi, and dare I say it, even Ford! At the moment they sell on style alone and they need to address this fast!

Cheers
Andy

Aswall, don't forget you have a new model of car. The first year of production is always the worst for any manufacturer.

I had a new Volvo some years ago and it makes your claims look like a walk in the park. My dealer and I were on first name terms within the first two weeks,...and on it went for 15 months until I got rid of the car.

Richard I have seen paint and lacquer damage by jetwashes on a number of cars recently, including MB, BMW and Vauxhall. Paint just aint what it used to be. One chip and the water gets under and lifts the finish.

I think it's cos it's water based, bring back the toxic stuff. At least it lasted longer. :D

OMG!

I've always used a jet wash on all my cars and even on my motorbike but now I'm having second thoughts?

As the car is new surely this would be covered by MB?

Gav.

Originally posted by mayoga
As the car is new surely this would be covered by MB?

Yes it was. I broke the clip holding the trim inside the boot in place a couple of weeks ago and at the service asked them to ordered me a new one, thinking I would pay for it, but they said it would be covered (its the whole new bit of plastic trim not just the clip).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom