Unable to open embedded links in MS Outlook2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Hi all,

Please can anyone help with a little problem I have?

I run MS Outlook 2007 as part of the Office 2007 suite, on XP. For a couple of weeks I have not been able to open an embedded link in an email, for example a URL to a website.

If I double-click on the link, an error message box appears stating "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Now, it is an administrator account to start with, and I have previously had no issues opening links from Outlook emails, so where has something changed? I don't know where to go looking!

Many thanks.

Possibly due to some MS security update done automatically when you're on line---lots of MS updates on the go at the moment! May have been regarded as a security loophole which has been closed. You may have to change a setting somewhere---don't ask I wouldn't know where to start sorry.

I think you might be right, Graeme. Thing is, I have been through 'Options' and 'Trust Center' and can't see any option to enable what was previously enabled. No mention of links in emails; only attachments, which this is not.

Hi Graeme,

Many thanks for that linky. It did the trick nicely. It must have been due to me having problems with FF4, and uninstalling/reinstalling to get it sorted out.

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom