• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

unmolested or a bit of bling ?

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
hi guys those of you who read my first post will know i'm enjoying my first ownership experience of the mercedes benz automobile and having bought a coupe that was as it left the factory [not counting 15 years of wear and tear] i intended to keep it original but after looking at some of the cars in the members gallery i'm not so sure anymore --one which caught my eye was lomo's coupe --it has got to be the dogs doodahs --

Whatever floats your boat, its your car to do what you want to. However in the interests of taste/resale I wouldn't do anything that can't be easily reversed (Aftermarket alloys etc)

Its just that these E320 124 coupes are so desirable in original mint condition. If it were a W208 I'd be less inclined with my post....

If it were me I'd leave it standard.......

I have kept mine pretty much as is from factory bar the stereo on the pretence that people prefer an unmolested car. A good set of wheels can look nice though and i think a light smoke on the windows. Up to you though whatever floats your boat in my opinion.

If it were me I'd leave it standard.......
yes i think you might be right but couldn't help noticing your rear spoiler .was that standard --looks good-- anyway mines not standard at the moment as the steering damper is off the car- its completely shot - you can pump it in and out like a bike pump and it hisses like one as air is expelled from the end -going to call at gsf parts tomorrow for a new one - ive been thinking that the steering was a bit vague and light

yes i think you might be right but couldn't help noticing your rear spoiler .was that standard --looks good-- anyway mines not standard at the moment as the steering damper is off the car- its completely shot - you can pump it in and out like a bike pump and it hisses like one as air is expelled from the end -going to call at gsf parts tomorrow for a new one - ive been thinking that the steering was a bit vague and light

The Spoiler is made by Carat Duchatelet, not sure if Howard added it or not?

Simon

The Spoiler is made by Carat Duchatelet, not sure if Howard added it or not?

Simon

It was on there when he got it, along with being slammed and the AMG badge on the boot.
Yep, he suffered..:D

It's so good to see that "The Whale" lives on in Forum membership. Look after her, she is too good to die.

I like mine as the designer's intended (also without 18 years of dings and chips would be good)..:)

IMG%5D
ade300CE24V.jpg

Ade

mines standard, and 90% of the time i think..... leave it......just sometimes im tempted to "go for it".........but then im 41 and not 21!!!!

mines standard, and 90% of the time i think..... leave it......just sometimes im tempted to "go for it".........but then im 41 and not 21!!!!
i know what you mean i look at mine and think yes --ok its far from perfect at 15 years old -but it does look good-- like a limo from the front and sporty from the back but --tints--17"wheels --rear spoiler mmmm i dont know

REAR2.jpg

all ive done to mine

new non mercedes 18" alloys
new rear lights (clear indicators)
HKS air filter
de-badged
private plate (now has yellow & white set as it seems plod dont like the black & silver ones)

id like to have the windows tinted but so far in 3 years the urge has not been to overwhelming so ive left them

its had the amg kit when i got it and also the rear spoiler (not amg)

REAR2.jpg

all ive done to mine

new non mercedes 18" alloys
new rear lights (clear indicators)
HKS air filter
de-badged
private plate (now has yellow & white set as it seems plod dont like the black & silver ones)

id like to have the windows tinted but so far in 3 years the urge has not been to overwhelming so ive left them

its had the amg kit when i got it and also the rear spoiler (not amg)
wow another dogs doodahs -love the wheels---e36amg coupe being prepared for sale at www.classic-benz.co.uk at kirkham lancs just round corner from 124 works ---maybe ian's seen it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom