V Power Petrol Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I had my m3, it actually ran better on Tesco 99 than it did on v power at the time. I did once put Tesco fuel in the 63, but no difference. There was a thread on m3 cutters all about fuel.

Please do share whatever you know.

It was about 10 years ago. The thread did get quite technical, as there were a few on there who worked on the rigs and had friends who knew a lot of the info. Back then I think v power was shell optimax if I remember rightly.
Me and others reported that when we used the Tesco 99, our engines instantly felt more alive. You could actually hear the difference from the exhaust.
I haven’t been on cutters for years, but if anyone on here is, do a search, and hopefully it’ll still be on there. There was also a similar technical thread about engine oils.

When I had my m3, it actually ran better on Tesco 99 than it did on v power at the time. I did once put Tesco fuel in the 63, but no difference. There was a thread on m3 cutters all about fuel.

I think we need to differentiate between immediate benefits to highly-tuned engines from the higher Octane rating, and long-term benefits to all engines (including mundane ones) from the additives pack.

I don't expect to notice any difference when driving my C180 to the shops, but I expect the the engine will maintain its current performance level and won't deteriorate significantly in years to come, thanks to the reduction in carbon build-up over time.

Was surprised yesterday to see that V-Power moved from 97 octane to 99 octane🚀.

I thought it had always been 99 RON…
1623921652348.png3 days ago shell updated their website with
  • New Shell V-Power unleaded is a 99RON octane fuel.
But they forgot to mention what it was before that.
I'm quite positive that month ago I read 97 and was thinking that it wasn't enough for XF which asks for 99.

View attachment 1145533 days ago shell updated their website with
  • New Shell V-Power unleaded is a 99RON octane fuel.
But they forgot to mention what it was before that.
I'm quite positive that month ago I read 97 and was thinking that it wasn't enough for XF which asks for 99.
I am 100% certain it was 99RON when it was launched.

Me too

VPower has always been 99 RON wherever I have used it. Optimax was 98 RON.

Well whatever the RON, it is about 5p dearer than asda's brew,which at this moment is 128.9 here

Well whatever the RON, it is about 5p dearer than asda's brew,which at this moment is 128.9 here
That’s a bargain. VPower is 145.9-148.9p here!

Over the past 12 months, V-Power price at my local Shell garage has fluctuated between £1.289 and £1.499 (according to my Mercedes me Adapter app).

Filled up near Ludlow/Tenbury Wells the other week, V-power was 136.9 which seemed like a bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom