V Power Petrol Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi , £1 .65 in Worcester

Wow. That's the highest I've seen yet.

BTW it's 1p less with the Shell Go app (you get £3 discount for every 300L).

Hi , £1 .65 in Worcester
How long ago was this? Seemed to have gone down slightly here in Southend-on-Sea. 1.64 the other day but a few weeks ago was 1.68 for V-Power in the local

Paid £1.589 in London today.

I don't use Shell by choice due to the cost, and Tesco Momentum is now £1 49.9 and regular 95Ron is £1 42.9 at my local Tesco filling station.

I only put momentum up as i filled the audi up today v-power was £1,63 last week when I filled the c63 up😀

I paid 151.9p for VPower at a Shell station in the middle of nowhere this evening. Least I’ve paid for a while.
I paid 159.9p for VPower at a Shell station on the edge of the Birmingham and West Midlands conurbation this evening, just 24 hours later. How it can be so much less expensive in the middle of nowhere around 20 miles away I have no idea.

I paid 159.9p for VPower at a Shell station on the edge of the Birmingham and West Midlands conurbation this evening, just 24 hours later. How it can be so much less expensive in the middle of nowhere around 20 miles away I have no idea.
Probably the manager of that particular Shell station is profiteering. 8p a litre mark up will soon fill his pockets over the course of a week.

I have 2 Esso stations nearby within a mile of each other and one is quick to raise prices and is always 2p or more dearer per litre. I refuse to use it, even for lawnmower fuel. It's not that I can't afford it, but I hate blatant rip offs.

Probably the manager of that particular Shell station is profiteering. 8p a litre mark up will soon fill his pockets over the course of a week.

I have 2 Esso stations nearby within a mile of each other and one is quick to raise prices and is always 2p or more dearer per litre. I refuse to use it, even for lawnmower fuel. It's not that I can't afford it, but I hate blatant rip offs.
They’re a little expensive but the other place is just much much less expensive than everywhere else and has been for almost a year when I first noticed. It’s a nice drive to go there too so I go specifically despite the 40-50 mile round trip!

Today I filled up at the more expensive place for speed and necessity. I explained to my family that it was costing 8p per litre more than it would have done at the other place. My 13yo son said “that’s not worth worrying about Dad”.

Even when I explained that we usually put in 85 litres so saving £6.50+ he still didn’t get it. Maybe it’s my son but I suspect his friends would be the same. I try to help him understand that by saving where you can then you can waste it where you want…

My 13yo son said “that’s not worth worrying about Dad”.

Even when I explained that we usually put in 85 litres so saving £6.50+ he still didn’t get it. Maybe it’s my son but I suspect his friends would be the same. I try to help him understand that by saving where you can then you can waste it where you want…
If your son gets the opportunity to own a fossil fuelled car before they disappear, he will soon understand when he is paying for the fuel;)

Those prices are insane. V-Power might be a superior fuel in some way but it just isn't worth paying that kind of premium for.

Morrisons now sells 97-octane E5 petrol. I filled up the SLK there today; £1.53/litre. MB specify 98, though 95 is OK occasionally, but I prefer not to use E10, just in case.

Last edited:
Morrisons now sells 97-octane E5 petrol. I filled up the SLK there today; £1.53/litre. MB specify 98, though 95 is OK occasionally, but I prefer not to use E10, just in case.
Momentum (Tesco) is 99 octane/E5 and it’s less expensive than what you’re paying at Morrisons when I last filled up (149.9p)

But in general, I just can’t get my head around why Shell charge so much extra for V-power? An extra 20p per litre (£20 per tank in my case) but only give £3 off vouchers every 300 litres (1p per litre discount ‘cash back’?)

Really doesn’t make any sense to me, and despite not being worried about fuel consumption/engine size/cost of fuel in general I refuse to be taxed that much out of brand loyalty! :)

Momentum (Tesco) is 99 octane/E5 and it’s less expensive than what you’re paying at Morrisons when I last filled up (149.9p)

Really doesn’t make any sense to me, and despite not being worried about fuel consumption/engine size/cost of fuel in general I refuse to be taxed that much out of brand loyalty! :)
Momentum last time I filled up was £1.56 or .57 ( Tesco Amersham), but more to the point, that's a twelve-mile round trip, I was passing Morrisons, and I don't have a Tesco fuel station any closer than Amersham.

Cost is irrelevant to me as well, but also like you, I think many Shell retailers seem to be too greedy for my liking.

Momentum last time I filled up was £1.56 or .57 ( Tesco Amersham), but more to the point, that's a twelve-mile round trip, I was passing Morrisons, and I don't have a Tesco fuel station any closer than Amersham.

Cost is irrelevant to me as well, but also like you, I think many Shell retailers seem to be too greedy for my liking.
They do have the best de-icer though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom