• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Viano 05 Turbine lock up problem

thoriceland

Car
MB Viano
MB[u1] Viano 2,2 diesel 2005 lock up problem
I have had my car, Mercedes Benz Viano 2,2 diesel 2005, in a Mercedes Benz dealership garage for two months.
This is, when you put the car into DRIVE and REVERSE.
The turbine then locks and the car goes forward without touching the accelerator and when you stop at traffic lights, steps on the brake, the car goes dead!
I have had the turbine replaced twice and once the walve box in the transmission.
I have also tried a new control module for the transmission, which is placed at the front in the safety box on the left side under the hood.
It has also has be tried to cut off all electrics to the auto trans without success!
The car has also been connected to a MB computer to find any fault codes and none appear!
On several occaisions new oil, a correct one for this transmission, has been put in the transmission.
The MB dealer here in Iceland is not able to figure out what the problem is, some of the MB mechanics seam to believe this problem arises from the engine but others do not agree. The car when it is running idle is normal, just as it is supposed to be.
My question is:
1. what it the reason for the turbine to lock itself when the transmission is placed into DRIVE or REVERSE?
2. What is it that unlocks the turbine?
Best regards
[u1]:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom