W124 Manual Gearbox Conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can weld it up, or use one of the conversion kits for the sprinter van. These kits replace the daulmass flywheel with with a solid version, and come with the correct fitting clutch kit.

Lot's of them on ebay: SPRINTER 313CDI SOLID FLYWHEEL CLUTCH CONVERSION KIT | eBay

Perfect for a diesel, but cant be used with a petrol unless you fit the pickup segments, and magnet for the cps to read.

I've looked at these but still can't see how the first motion shaft shaft would be supported by anything that's shown in these pics. Short of actually buying one for trials sake I wouldn't like to risk it.

Im really interested in how you got 60 bhp extra out of the engine without turboing or SC`ing it?

Are the AMG E36 cars noticeably faster with a manual then?

Im really interested in how you got 60 bhp extra out of the engine without turboing or SC`ing it?

His car has a re-mapped ecu and a few other small tricks, there is alot of power to be had out of that engine.

Are the AMG E36 cars noticeably faster with a manual then?
I dont think it would be faster as a manual, but would be more fun.

I recently bought a wrecked 320 with a manual gearbox and had fitted to my 1993 320. It is amazing! If you get the chance - do it! It is an absolute pleasure to drive - best perhaps is the lower revs at cruising speeds as the 5 speed shares same first 4 gear ratios as the auto but adds a 5th gear giving it longer legs. Supper nice. Sorry can't give details - mine was easy as I had a complete donnor car and simply swapped out required parts.

Hi Guys,
Firstly apologises for not being active on the forum, Having been through some personal things I am back LOL. Anyway an update.
So a gentle reminder of the mechanical running of the car:
Car was originally a 1993 K Reg 320E - 5 Speed Auto
I have installed a 1996 C36 3.6 AMG M104 Engine
Remapped the originally ECU

Now this ran for a while then the 5 Speed box gave up on one of the gears, I always wanted to convert the car to manual so thought this is the time to do it (This episode started 3 years ago)
The Manual Box installed is a:
124 260 08 01 7174120 1304780
The prop-shaft was modified
The car was up and running and drives fine however - I have 1 or two issues which I am hoping that someone can help on before I park the car up and leave it till I calm down LOL

If the car is driven slow the car drives fine, As soon as you start to drive the car hard as in take it up the rev range when you change gear its like the power disappears (The car does not stall or cut off it's just like it's in limp) when the revs come down the car then picks up again ?

Can anyone shed some light it would be greatly appreciated - If it fixes the problem I will send you a drink I just want to get the car back on the road and done.

Thanks once again in advance. Feel free to DM me and I can call you if that is easier.

My Baby...

Screenshot_20200511-145102_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, Any help would be most appreciated ? Or at least put me in touch with someone that maybe able to help ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom