W124 Wald body kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Almost, but not fully. There are minor details which differ between a 560 and a 420/500.

An example is that the 560 came with rear self levelling as standard....this means the 560 floor has welded plates that the self-levelling accumulators bolt onto.

There will be a few more such variances as you work through the transfer but nothing that's a major hurdle.

talbir

Yes that was the one other difference, but I'm considering not fitting the self leveling system at all and converting to standard, I've not completely made my mind up on that yet.

If I did decide to fit the self leveling system it's not the end of the world getting suitable brackets fabricated.

Yes that was the one other difference, but I'm considering not fitting the self leveling system at all and converting to standard, I've not completely made my mind up on that yet.

If I did decide to fit the self leveling system it's not the end of the world getting suitable brackets fabricated.

The brackets are availble from MB, not much dollar - I actually have a spare set if you ever need. I bought two sets when i converted my 300SE into a 560 SE Carat, because i wanted it to have every option that a factory 560 has, so i did the full self levelling conversion. Not fun lying under the car runing the pipes from front to rear...can't wait for my 2 post lifts to be installed next month !

talbir

The white shell is a 420/500 non ASR (this still had the build sheets attached to it from the factory).

The Black shell is a 500 with ASR, so I need to swap the wings only and everything else is identical.

Are the shells UK ones ? Because all UK 420's and post 85 500's all had fender side repeaters ? These shells apepar not to have the side repeaters in the front fenders.

talbir

Are the shells UK ones ? Because all UK 420's and post 85 500's all had fender side repeaters ? These shells apepar not to have the side repeaters in the front fenders.

talbir

The black shell has fender repeaters, the white one didn't, both RHD.

Now I'm curious about the white shell (which I've now sold) Here are a few more pics showing details, plus build date and part number. That might tell you a little more.

PICT1599.jpg

PICT1601.jpg

PICT1607.jpg

the lower doors on one of them looks pre facelift to me?

The doors don't look any different, you're thinking of the plastic cladding that fits there, it's ribbed on Gen I cars and smooth on Gen II.

thats pre facelift...

at a guess it was manufactured in 1991 as im sure there still would have been demand for them, but thats made for cars pre 85.

yep just confirmed..thats for a pre facelift 380 or 500 only.. guaranteed... hope who ever you sold it to is ok to do a few mods ;)

The white defo looks early, due to lack of fender repeaters and skinny fender arches.

Great shells - great colours too.....black (040), white (147), smoke silver(702) and silver (744) are the best/value retaining colours for an SEC....all press cars that MB and AMG used were these colours.

Black is tops, white is highly fashionable right now too with the surge in white order MBs this year.

talbir

yep just confirmed..thats for a pre facelift 380 or 500 only.. guaranteed... hope who ever you sold it to is ok to do a few mods ;)

Unless they want to keep it pre-facelift which is what i would do....pre-facelift w126's are de-rigeour at the moment...the original real deals the pre-facelifts....they :rock: ...especially the early Widebody's....pics of mine below....

BTW, i have a full AMG Widebody kit, original real deal.....for anyone who wants to beef up their SEC !

talbir

Last edited:
Mudster if you have the part number of the black one i can check that for you too... seems very similar to the white from the pics apart from the roof of course..

The Black has side repeaters and all the bracketry for the ASR system (which is Gen II only) so there's no doubt about that one. I kept the black one for that reason plus it has a bonnet which the white shell didn't.

The white car is in primer, it's not painted, the Black has been painted 040 Black, and that's the colour the finished article will be with Mushroom leather. This is the look I'm aiming to achieve I have a set of period Aero I's already painted to this design - the only difference is I won't de-chrome it, I actually like the chromes and have an entire set for the whole shell all new.:-

One thing I like about this image is the car sits absolutely level, I don't like the look of the back jacked up (or the front too low), this means I'll probably run the front suspension slightly higher than you guys (which also helps overcome scraping issues) as a result.

MercedesW126AMGFrontspoilerSEC86onV.jpg

Last edited:
thats pre facelift...

at a guess it was manufactured in 1991 as im sure there still would have been demand for them, but thats made for cars pre 85.

That date is just when the shell was ordered.

It could have been in stock for years.

Yeah, John is an enthusiast like the rest of us, (Hello John of you're reading!) He'll be completely rebuilding the car himself and is more than competent.

The Black has side repeaters and all the bracketry for the ASR system (which is Gen II only) so there's no doubt about that one. I kept the black one for that reason plus it has a bonnet which the white shell didn't.

The white car is in primer, it's not painted, the Black has been painted 040 Black, and that's the colour the finished article will be with Mushroom leather. This is the look I'm aiming to achieve I have a set of period Aero I's already painted to this design - the only difference is I won't de-chrome it, I actually like the chromes and have an entire set for the whole shell all new.:-

One thing I like about this image is the car sits absolutely level, I don't like the look of the back jacked up (or the front too low), this means I'll probably run the front suspension slightly higher than you guys (which also helps overcome scraping issues) as a result.

Yep, that's a ncie example in the pic.

The AERO I's are the best for the SEC in my opinion, which is why i swapper over from the 3 piece to Aeros....3 piece look better on the saloons. Here are my Black 040 Aero I's et 11, which were on the black 500E...they were done by spit and polish who done a super job.....i have replaced the Aero's with the SL 2-piece BBS AMG's, so these are spare.

If you want that stance, then an original AMG suspension kit will achieve it. I have a set of AMG front and rear springs complete with AMG shocks for non-SLS setup if needed. AMG suspension is superb, low to the right level with no crushing. H&R's give ultra low but can be managed with 3 nib spring caps. But then you find SEC's out there with cut springs :eek: what horrors !

talbir

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom