W163 washer nozzles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ML270CDIDriver

Car
ML 300 W164
I've a 54 plate ML270CDI. I've been trying to source washer nozzles for the windscreen as they seem blocked or badly adjusted.

There are three of them and they are a weird style - flat with no pin-adjustable 'ball bearings' common with other models.

I'm able to remove them and I've cleaned them with hot water on several occasions.

However, two out of three jets barely reach the parked position of the wiper blades. The third jet reaches half-way up the windscreen. When the pump is on and they're disconnected, the water gushes out, so there can't be a blockage in the pipes.

I've been trying to source replacement ones or an adjustment tool, but I can't find anything.

I'd much appreciate any help. Thanks.

I've got a couple of photos of the nozzles once they've been removed, but the 'Manage Attachments' button doesn't seem to work.

I've a 54 plate ML270CDI. I've been trying to source washer nozzles for the windscreen as they seem blocked or badly adjusted.

There are three of them and they are a weird style - flat with no pin-adjustable 'ball bearings' common with other models.

I'm able to remove them and I've cleaned them with hot water on several occasions.

However, two out of three jets barely reach the parked position of the wiper blades. The third jet reaches half-way up the windscreen. When the pump is on and they're disconnected, the water gushes out, so there can't be a blockage in the pipes.

I've been trying to source replacement ones or an adjustment tool, but I can't find anything.

I'd much appreciate any help. Thanks.
There is a tool available to adjust the nozzles, I found it on fleabay but didn't buy it as I don't need it ..yet.

But I can not find any details for it, Sorry. But they are available , around £40.00 from memory (ouch!)

If you can remove them, check for a number embossed on the molding, you're probably looking for one or more of the following:
A1638601047 or A1638602147
&
A1638600947 or A1638602047

Check fleabay for 'good' spares or stealers.

I've managed to upload the photos for reference.

W163 ML270CDI Washer Nozzle 1.jpg

W163 ML270CDI Washer Nozzle 2.jpg

The code number seems to be 163860.

I'll have a look in Ebay and I'll post how I get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom