• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W202 LED tail lamps

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
One of my tail lamps is now in need of urgent replacement so I'm once again looking at LED rear lamps as an alternative to OEM.

Most look awful so I'm wondering if anyone has seen any passable or even vaguely OEM-looking LED rear lamps. Not heavily smoked, not colourless/clear/chrome etc just standard-looking lamps with LED components.

I did wonder about buying a set of clear ones which I could then tint red with smoked in sections for an OEM look but would rather buy ones already looking like that!

The bottom ones on this page look interesting but it'd be nice to see them on a car IRL before buying: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pr...778_907/spd/mercedes-c-class-tail-lights.html

Any ideas chaps?

Yeah , don't do it ! :crazy:

I actually don't mind the look of the bottom ones... might be worth a shot; at worst you can pop them on eblag...

The bottom ones on this page look interesting but it'd be nice to see them on a car IRL before buying: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pr...778_907/spd/mercedes-c-class-tail-lights.html
I've attached a pic of the ones I'm talking about, they appear to slightly facelift the 202 lamp to 203 style with LED. Not sure how they'd look IRL.

I'd still be happy with some factory looking ones that had LED components in them, will check ebay when I'm not behind the corporate firewall! :)

Attachments

• FK-AUTOMOTIVE-FKRLXLMB005.jpg
    FK-AUTOMOTIVE-FKRLXLMB005.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 63
Someone on club202.com bought the ones that look nearly OEM (crystal though) and removed all the insides, then transplated them into the orignal OEM lense.

You would need to carefully pull the light apart, then re-seal it. Best option IMO

Someone on club202.com bought the ones that look nearly OEM (crystal though) and removed all the insides, then transplated them into the orignal OEM lense.

You would need to carefully pull the light apart, then re-seal it. Best option IMO
That's exactly what I originally planned to do except I now have only one OEM tail lamp! :(

Will try to source a 2nd hand stock rear lamp for the time being.

These are the closest to OEM:

LTBW20295G.jpg

Still look slightly erm, barry? I still like the Crystal corners I have though, even though the rubber seal is cracking already :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom