• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W203 CDi Coupe (02) Wiring colour help asap please

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Decided to pick up power for my SatNav power supply from the back of the cigarette lighter - got blue, brown and yellow/black wires. Which is live and which is ground please?

Also, the power supply is 1.2mA @ 5v and the SatNav expects 1.5mA @ 5v. Would it be sensible to add an inline fuse? If so, what rating?

Here you go Steve.....

Interiorlightingandcigarlighter_zps187d4178.jpg

Ooops.....realised this might help too!!!

keytosymbols_zpsf5e14979.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks - this is what the forum should be about, not silly arguments about detailing and C63s!

So black/yellow for live and brown for earth? Out of curiosity,what does the blue/grey actually do? (think I have sussed it - it's the bulb?)

Any thoughts on the advisability of an in-line fuse and rating?

I would say yes to an inline fuse and it only needs to be a low amperage, try for the lowest rating you can get, something about the same as an inline radio fuse. You can always up it if it blows.

Yes to your colours understanding too.
The blue/grey is for power to the bulb / illumination.

Last edited:
I would say yes to an inline fuse and it only needs to be a low amperage, try for the lowest rating you can get, something about the same as an inline radio fuse. You can always up it if it blows.

Yes to your colours understanding too.
The blue/grey is for power to the bulb / illumination.

So a .5mA about right?

Sorry - I really have no idea about this kind of stuff! Now if you want to know what to do if your fridge and cupboard only has normal rubbish including some bits of chicken, odd veg, and assorted spices then I'm your man!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom