• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W203 owners - Opinions on tyres please

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Well my day started with n offside rear puncture, the only good news is it was a tyre that was just below 3mm and due for replacement.

My tyres are 205/55/W16 and I was wondering what other W203 drivers have used and thought to be good. My main priority is good grip especially in the wet as I drive on a lot of narrow and sometimes poorly surfaced country roads. Long life is not really a priority.

Currently I have Hankook Ventus Prime fitted and think they are very good, looking on line Michelin Primacy HP, Continental Contact Sport S2 and Dunlop MP Sport MAXX RT are all similar prices.

This is not a price sensitive purchase and am happy with the Hankooks as fitted but would value others opinions.

Many thanks

David

I would go fr te best deal on either Michelin, Continental or Pirelli.

I used Continental contactsport 3, Michelin Pilot Primacy and Falken ZE912. All very good, quiet and good all weather grip.
I also used Falken FK452 but found them noisy and poor in the wet.

Went from Continental contactsport 2, to Michelin Pilot Primacy 3
the Michelin is the better tyre in my estimation, quieter, hopefully they will last longer than the Conti's too, but too early to say yet.

Thanks gents. Got a good deal on Michelin Primacy!!

Looking forward to a freshly rubbered rear on Friday :)

Got Conti PremiumContact 2 MO at this size for £85 per corner fitted.

Had Dunlop FastResponse prior to that for £65 per corner.

This is a very common size so you are spoilt for choice and prices are relatively low to the extend that it is probably not worth considering budget or even mid-range tyres.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on mine (staggered sports set up)

No complaints at all.:)

Thanks gents. Got a good deal on Michelin Primacy!!

Looking forward to a freshly rubbered rear on Friday :)

Just to update-The Michelin's are proving to be very good, no noticeable increase in noise but a significant increase in grip, Even in the very wet weather recently and on roads covered in fallen leaves they have been sure-footed and very predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom