W203 Remap Experience...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, all i can say is that you should have done more home work as to who to use.

flash acted on a recommendation from someone who'd previously used this remapper, surely that was sufficient 'homework'?

not really, the more the better especially on a recommended basis.

as a last comment on this topic: if you well off, why bother with a 200£ remap?

don't get me wrong i understand your feelings but hve you rver considered to go to small claims court?if the remapper is a proper crook i doubt you get your solicitors fee back

another note to help you. if a company turnover is under 75000£ ,you don't need to register for VAT. under this threshold it is voluntary

another note to help you. if a company turnover is under 75000£ ,you don't need to register for VAT. under this threshold it is voluntary

I am not on here to discuss my bank balance ok but without coming across as arragant I am certainly not short of money and am not a “cheap skate” as per your earlier post (s).

My time is valuable so my appointed Solicitor is doing everything on my behalf and yes I am being charged by the hour….

I have the home address of the so called director of Remap Science and legal proceedings are being issued against both him and Remap Science – either way worse comes to worse bailiffs will seize whatever thy can at their so called business premises or his home address and CCJs issued – if I don’t get the money back I am not too concerned – as he will have a CCJ against his/their name. My solictor knows exactly what he is doing and is aware of all the facts.

There is a saying you can run but you can’t hide and there is a time and place for everything….;)

In the mean time I am looking forward to my new remap…..:D

Last edited:
Good luck flash, hopefully, remap science will think twice before they ignore a customers complaint and instead make efforts to rectify it!.................please keep us updated on the performance result of your next remap.

Good luck flash, hopefully, remap science will think twice before they ignore a customers complaint and instead make efforts to rectify it!.................please keep us updated on the performance result of your next remap.

Thanks Panason1c - I will keep you all updated....:)

Flash said:
I am not on here to discuss my bank balance ok but without coming across as arragant I am certainly not short of money and am not a “cheap skate” as per your earlier post (s).

My time is valuable so my appointed Solicitor is doing everything on my behalf and yes I am being charged by the hour….

I have the home address of the so called director of Remap Science and legal proceedings are being issued against both him and Remap Science – either way worse comes to worse bailiffs will seize whatever thy can at their so called business premises or his home address and CCJs issued – if I don’t get the money back I am not too concerned – as he will have a CCJ against his/their name. My solictor knows exactly what he is doing and is aware of all the facts.

There is a saying you can run but you can’t hide and there is a time and place for everything….;)

In the mean time I am looking forward to my new remap…..:D

You won't get legal costs back via small claims. I fear cutting off nose to spite ones face.

You won't get legal costs back via small claims. I fear cutting off nose to spite ones face.

Its with my Soliciitor and they will deal with what action is best - I am out of pocket anyway so legal costs do not matter its purely out of principle and to make other people like yourselves aware of scammers like remap Science - I can only offer my advice and experiences but its down to others what they choose to do - I am just purely saying stay away from Remap Science.

I was prepared to wlak away and call it a day BUT after the attitude and abuse I recieved I am going to do everything in my power to take them to the cleaners regardless to the legal costs or wheter I get my money back.

true but in small claims,there the judge only.no solicitors involved or needed.on the other side it would be appropriate to work by arabic law and chop the hand off a thief

Admire your principles Flash.

They should have had addressed your initial issue with civility and and options to resolve. A complaint is an opportunity to for a business to excel, and, had they come up trumps at the outset, it would have been rather better publicity for them.

I do feel for the member who recommended them to you, though. No doubt it was done in good faith.

If nothing more comes out of the proceedings than reimbursement, at least you'll know that perhaps they have lost a few potential customers who could have suffered similar treatment.

Just get a steinbauer box. Fabulous piece of kit and they make the box for Brabus hartge and carlsson. I ll tell you where you can get them reasonable.

Admire your principles Flash.

They should have had addressed your initial issue with civility and and options to resolve. A complaint is an opportunity to for a business to excel, and, had they come up trumps at the outset, it would have been rather better publicity for them.

I do feel for the member who recommended them to you, though. No doubt it was done in good faith.

If nothing more comes out of the proceedings than reimbursement, at least you'll know that perhaps they have lost a few potential customers who could have suffered similar treatment.

Thank you - i will posting the expeience on other car enthusiasts site too and I am glad that you do understand where I am coming from.

Just get a steinbauer box. Fabulous piece of kit and they make the box for Brabus hartge and carlsson. I ll tell you where you can get them reasonable.

Sounds very intresting - I have PM'd you. :)

Just to say that I applaud Flash's stand. He's tried to get good value for a mapping, and has gone on the basis of a forum recommendation. I'm sure that many of us would have tried the same approach. In this case there has been problems and he has been a victim of rubbish customer service. Rather than rolling over, he has decided to make a stand, and importantly, make it public so other people are armed with more knowledge and are thus better placed to make decisions in the future.

About the guy from Angel Tuning who turned up in an old Alfa. Nigel, one of the guys who started Angel used to be known as AlfaNige on an er... Fiat Bravo forum I used to know about, when he was starting Angel up. So that may have been the original Alfa that was first tuned by Angel. Not much of a claim to fame, but if so its been going a few years now, oil leak or not!

Any update on this Flash?

...Did you even know that on the W203s the C180K/C200K/C230K are exactly the same engine but just remapped differently by MB….???

Yes, though it is not as simple as that - the engines are similar but not exactly the same, because the superchargers on the 200K and 230K have higher boost pressures, and the engine compression ratios are lowered accordingly to support it. So it's different software but also different hardware.

Any update on this Flash?

Hi, Solicitor has sent letters and surprise surpirse no repsonse - summons is going to be served when he gets back from his annual leave but I can't see myself getting a penny back from these crooks. All I am hoping for now is a CCJ to mess them up.

On a positive note though my new Viezu remap by Acid AKA BrabusK8 (MSL Centre) is running like a dream....:) I am going back to MSL next week again which I am looking forwrd too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom