• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 C63 - Next Exhaust Mod?

GazzyFizzle

Car
None
Hey,

So I did the Milltek Secondary Cat Bypass last year, and loved it. It's a must for any owners IMO!

However, I want a bit more.... I want a bit more volume!

What are my options? Anything off the shelf?

Thanks,
Gary

its like opening a can of worms...

Loads of options.... Headers... cat back valvetronic backboxes.
Or simply just remove OEM resonators, or primary de-cat and straight pipe through to the mufflers...

Loads of choices. All depends on how much you are willing to spend.
And depends on any friendly MOT testers you know...

The best thing to do Gaz, is do what I did. Take the base C63 Exhausts, and completely envelope them with an E63 !

:D:D:D

I know a stock C63 with a map makes circa 520/530 but do headers add any power?

Headers add another 35-50bhp depending on the map & which dyno ....
Dyno figures will vary depending on dyno type and dyno operator.

Pulls better and stronger with headers.... Sound loads better too...

Impressive power gains, what companies offer headers and how much are they? Does an aftermarket exhaust have to be fitted to make more power or will stock offer similar power with secondary cats removed?

Impressive power gains, what companies offer headers and how much are they? Does an aftermarket exhaust have to be fitted to make more power or will stock offer similar power with secondary cats removed?

The main restrictions are the stock headers and primary's
Ipe is who I have on mine
I'd recommend them Sirius has the same setup I was sold on it once I saw his
I have a few videos on YouTube my name on there is the same if you wanna check them out

Typical headers are IPEs, Armytrix & Fi.
Most has IPEs.

If you want better ones, the US forums goes by MBH headers. They do RHD headers. But big money considering import tax and higher price.

Another better one is Capristo.

You can have stock mufflers. But once headers is on, the sound level is another issue. You may not friendly neighbours. Hence you may need valvetronic backboxes to close valves when in the neighbourhood.

Aftermarket backboxes do free up to about 10bhp more....

Brunty, how do you like the headers on your stock exhaust? How would you compare the new sound to stock sound? I'm fitting mine next week and hoping I'll get more low-end cruising volume. Of course, I know it's going to scream when I floor it :).

Cozy said:
Brunty, how do you like the headers on your stock exhaust? How would you compare the new sound to stock sound? I'm fitting mine next week and hoping I'll get more low-end cruising volume. Of course, I know it's going to scream when I floor it :).

Brunty copied mine.
Low end cruising volume is no difference if any.
Once lift off, thats where the difference is.

Why would you want more low end cruising sound?

I did copy Sirius
Low speed not noticble slightly heavier foot it's noticeable wot hurricane lol
It's mental when wot and tunnels are deafening
But I can happily cruise with barely more than stock
You'll enjoy it

Maybe just me, but I think C63's with the full blown exhaust mods don't sound anywhere near as nice as the standard car

ShaunB said:
Maybe just me, but I think C63's with the full blown exhaust mods don't sound anywhere near as nice as the standard car

Agree most sound very chav once modified.

I am gonna say this through gritted teeth and screwed up eyes........

When I had my 507, I booked it in for miltek De Cats. A forum member on here ( he shall remain nameless) , said to me `leave it OEM`.

I ignored him and went ahead.

At first I was mega impressed with the noise, in fact the thrill lasted a few weeks, until , I let my mate go for a spin and I waited on my drive for him to return. As he pulled back into my street, I whinced a little...... Chavy is the wrong word, but I know what you mean.....

I am pretty confident I will be leaving the E Class OEM as I do not want to make the same mistake again. Apart from that, my E63 in stock, sounds miles better than in 507 stock did, but, that's just my opinion.

I have the full blown valvetronic exhaust and have only ever been paid complements.

Valves closed when remaining discreet....valves open when it's time to play.

However I do agree that long tube headers with stock exhaust is far too loud and attracts far too much attention from the boys in blue.....

I think it all depends where you live and what you use your car for. If you're a city boy and drive into the centre, only to rev it stationary and to grab attention then you'll most definitely come off as a chav but, you impressed 400 teenage boys whilst doing it so not all bad :doh:

On the other hand, if you're a real V8 petrolhead and you live in miles of countryside, love those sunny Summer Sunday drives or B-roads with absolutely no-one else around then I think extra noise is justified.

I don't really see any middle ground in the UK and most of the antisocial crap seems to be fuelled by YouTube "car spotters", unlike the US where virtually every V8 no matter how mundane or if daily driven, has exhaust work. For me personally, I absolutely love it out here, Texas in particular where every car/truck sounds like pure perfection. The C63's out here with headers sound tame compared to straight-piped 5.0 Mustangs, or anything with a Chevrolet LS. Exhaust noise is just normal here and most people love it or let it be.

Last edited:
Based upon my experience.

Secondary cat delete with the resonator also removed.

I would opt for the x pipe as opposed to the straight pipes to reduce the 'drone'.

I can honestly say that the level of drone on mine is minimal to none.

Cold start is absolutely brutal which is why I am going for an IPE rear box so that I can close the valves when I start her up early.

It was all going so well, wife didn't even recognise the difference UNTIL I hadn't start the car for a week and at it was in the garage. She was adjacent in the house and apparently nearly fell down the stairs as she thought a bomb has gone off:D:D:fail

Anyway, IPE should sort this 'issue'.

I live out in the sticks. I don't use mine as a daily drive and I've had primary's and secondary's taken out. Apart from that everything else is stock, apart from v5 map. I really don't think it's that much louder than stock. On cold start it's noticeable but it's not so loud that people ask me what I've had done. I talk to a fair few of my neighbors and although I've had coments from them in the past saying the car sounds nice not one has said anything different since I've had the exhaust work done. Time for some headers I think !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom