• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 Coolant Leak - Taken to main dealer - Need Advice Urgently

I spoke with m-star, they wanted £238 as it was 3 hours worth of work but they were very very helpful when I spoke with them and advised me to speak to MB head office.

But I don't think I could step down to a ford as good as they are

To be honest I don't think a Ford is a step down from a modern Mercedes. Ford doesn't have the badge or the brand recognition of Mercedes, but their engineering is excellent

If you look it's obvious where the economies are made in a Ford, but open the rear hatch of a new A Class and a Mk I Focus and look at the hinges, exposed metalwork, gaps between the indicators & panels, tailgate struts & etc and you'll see Mercedes has adopted many of the same cost-saving methods Ford did more than ten years ago

The difference is that Ford is better at delivering that kind of cost-controlled package than Mercedes, their cars handle better and maintenance costs are more under control

If you buy a car for the badge you know what to do. If you buy it to drive, and don't need your ego massaged, the Ford may be a better choice

Nick Froome

You maybe right. I just enjoy the rear wheel drive of the Mercedes. Maybe a focus rs will bridge the driving gap. If I was in an a-class then moving to a focus st would be a lot easier and possibly the ford would drive better ?

We have a 6 year 7 year old Ford C max which has been very reliable and we are considering buying a new one. However I'm sure a fault could develop in a Ford as well as a Mercedes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom