W204 Manual

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derekcotton

Car
Mercedes C Class saloon C200 CDI
Hi Guys as you can see I have a 6 speed manual gearbox in my 2010 C200CDI 2points first has anyone used Westway oil for engine or Gearbox they do free next day delivery engine oil is good price. 2 point was taking to a mechanic who said lots of owners with manual transmissions put in ATF not gear oil is it ok or not,
Regards.Derek

Only use the recommended oils for your transmission as shown in the user manual.
No idea about Westway oils, but Opie oils are often mentioned here and can supply the correct fluid for your gearbox.

The correct manual transmission fluid is very thin, something in the range of 6 to 7 cSt @100 Deg C. ATF may well be a similar viscosity but it will lack the correct friction modifiers that proper manual transmission fluid contains and may result in poor gear change quality. As it will probably only need replacing once in the lifetime of the car, it's worth using the correct oil. It's very difficult to find MB approved gear oil but here's a couple of MTF oils that are the correct viscosity.

Castrol Syntrans FE75W
Fuchs Titan Sintofluid FE75W.

For the engine oil use anything that has MB approval 229.51

The correct manual transmission fluid is very thin, something in the range of 6 to 7 cSt @100 Deg C. ATF may well be a similar viscosity but it will lack the correct friction modifiers that proper manual transmission fluid contains and may result in poor gear change quality. As it will probably only need replacing once in the lifetime of the car, it's worth using the correct oil. It's very difficult to find MB approved gear oil but here's a couple of MTF oils that are the correct viscosity.

Castrol Syntrans FE75W
Fuchs Titan Sintofluid FE75W.

For the engine oil use anything that has MB approval 229.51
Thanks guys I do only use oils to MB spec you answered about ATF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom