[W204] What is this audio system?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maurauth

Car
2016 BMW M4 Convertible
Hi, so I've recently bought a C250 and I've tried to work out what audio system I have as I want to use the 3.5mm jack in the glove box, it all seems very confusing but I think I might have Audio 20, could anyone confirm this and explain what that means?

Edit: There's nothing in the glove box with usb ports etc

mj1ssw.jpg

9rsnma.jpg

24xmid4.jpg

2e4yz45.jpg

sm7e4x.jpg

Looks like the standard Audio 20, the socket in the Glove box is for Aux, doesn't control any device though, it's just an audio signal input socket.

Last edited:
Awesome, do you know if it is possible to use the Aux as it is? Or do I need more equipment/software from MB?

I've tried plugging my phone into the aux in and gone through the dash audio and instrument cluster audio but can't seem to work it out.

I've never used the Aux on mine as I have the Universal Media Interface added which gives me Satnav and also leads to use an Ipod, and USB, I use a USB stick for my music

Not looking to teach you how to suck eggs………

The aux lead from the headphone socket of iPhone/iPod/etc has very little oomph. Have you tried putting the device volume up high? Some people use an inline amp for a few quid to boost the signal.

Depending upon the particular version of Audio 20 fitted, selecting "Aux" input can be somewhat unintuitive. When I had my W204 you selected it as follows:

Press Disc on the main control pad. The display then shows "No Disc" in the middle, and along the bottom of the display is a band saying: MP3.............Folder..............Sound

Press the controller dial on the armrest towards the rear of the car to activate the menu, and scroll left to MP3 and press it to select. A list menu then appears from which you select "Aux".

Thanks! That was what I was looking for, it really isn't intuitive at all haha, especially when you don't get the manual with your car, haha.

Not looking to teach you how to suck eggs………

The aux lead from the headphone socket of iPhone/iPod/etc has very little oomph. Have you tried putting the device volume up high? Some people use an inline amp for a few quid to boost the signal.

I don't suppose you know which company produce the inline amp for AUX? Or if you know which users have installed one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom