w208 boot lid opens too quickly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cocoda

Car
CLK 230K Avantgarde
Hi

No problem with it working using the remote, key or interior button, BUT, when opening it flies up so quickly I fear it's going to come off or get bent.

Can the springs be adjusted? if so, how do i acces them?

Thanks

Is the warning triangle in it's holder? If it's not then the bootlid opens like it's rocket powered!

Not sure on the 208 (haven't looked) but doesn't the 202 etc have more than one postition for the springs to attach to?

You could try a sheet of sound deadening (the dense foil-backed stuff) added to the inside lid under the carpet. The weight might take the edge off the boot flinging up if it's annoying you :)

Will

Springs adjust on the w208, mine had exactly the same problem when I bought it and the dealer adjusted them for me along with some other bits and pieces I needed doing before taking ownership, not sure how they adjust though but guess it is fairly simple.

Remove all boot trim, access the springs & adjust them via the holes in the 2 arms which are part of the chassis to the desired level.

You will need to be pretty strong though as those springs nasty!

Thanks Guys - the missing triangle is probably the cause, but the other answers, i.e., taht they are adjustable, is also helpful, I shall get digging about tomorrow!

Mine flies up like a missile launcher , with the triangle in place ....

Doesn't worry me , it did initially , i thought ' It's gonna smash the rear screen ! ' , but it doesn't go near ....

Saves me having to bend down and lift it after it has been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom