• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W209 2002 CLK / COMAND Fitted D2B?

uk_heliman

Hi,

I fitted a COMAND to my CLK W209 on the weekend using the MB loom. I originally had an Audio 10.

Interestingly the C connector for the Audio 10 only had TWO cables wired into it, Brown Brown/Black (CAN Bus) and that's it, nothing else, i.e. no D2B!. I looked in both door sills and foot wells for blue/black cables to hook up the d2B wakeup but nothing. I did find a distributor for Green Green/Black wires in the Drivers Foot Well?

As I understand it, if I dont have BOSE Audio, Telephone or such I don't realy need D2B? Any pointers?

I have checked the COMAND for errors and the only one is is D2B wakeup, propably as I believe it thinks it should have a phone!

Other than that it works perfectly. Just got to find a good sourece for a TMC enabled 2006/07 UK disk.

Thanks

Hi,

I fitted a COMAND to my CLK W209 on the weekend using the MB loom. I originally had an Audio 10.

Interestingly the C connector for the Audio 10 only had TWO cables wired into it, Brown Brown/Black (CAN Bus) and that's it, nothing else, i.e. no D2B!. I looked in both door sills and foot wells for blue/black cables to hook up the d2B wakeup but nothing. I did find a distributor for Green Green/Black wires in the Drivers Foot Well?

As I understand it, if I dont have BOSE Audio, Telephone or such I don't realy need D2B? Any pointers?

I have checked the COMAND for errors and the only one is is D2B wakeup, propably as I believe it thinks it should have a phone!

Other than that it works perfectly. Just got to find a good sourece for a TMC enabled 2006/07 UK disk.

Thanks

Unless you have a CD changer or phone or Bose then you wont have a D2B fibre ring. The fibre ring uses orange optical cables that are separate from the C2 connector. So the presence of just two CANBUS wires on the original C connector is entirely normal.

You dont need to find any speed pulse wires as the speed pulse comes over the CANBUS on the W209.

Where did you locate the antennae? It is possible to remove the centre air vents and locate it under the dash rather than pull out the whole instrument cluster.

If you want a quote for a genuine teleatlas disk for the unit, please email me on [email protected]

Well done on the install!

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I located the antenna behine the instrument cluster (speedometer etc) there was a nice pocket waiting for it when |I removed the cluster. It seems to pick up around 8 sats most of the time.

I could not find any fibre as well as the D2B wakeup so that makes sense.

Thanks

Hi, i've just fitted a command to my C class W203. It too did not have a D2B wakeup which I have now added as I intend to add a CD changer. My question is what is the driver of the D2B wakeup signal? Is it an input or output from the command? If it's an output from command then I can just route it to the changer (for now at least) and not worry about taking it all the way to the door sill. :)

Any thoughts

Thanks

I have the WIS overview page printed out at home, but iirc its an output from the 'master device' (e.g. COMAND or Audio10) to the rest of the D2B devices, telling them to listen on the optical bus.

Thanks, I guessed that might be the case. I have now added the CD changer and all works well with the D2B connector left stuffed behind the Command unit. The COMMAND D2B connection is made to the changer though so I think that proves the point. If I ever add more D2B devices I'll worry about routing the connector to the D2B distribution block in the door sill then.

Thanks again

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom