W211 E320 CDI V6 engine fault code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddcomp

Car
E320CDI Avantgarde Estate S211
My 2007 E320CDI has covered 118,000 miles so some wear is expected. I've had the car nearly 2 years and a problem of intermittent jerky power delivery has got progressively worse. It clears and works fine for months then for no reason on a warm engine accelerating from 2-3000 rpm the engine jerks and fails to accelerate.
My indie failed to find the problem during a major service last year. No engine light or other failures on the display.
Today the engine failed to rev beyond 2,000 rpm in drive or 3,000 rpm in neutral. Pressing the accelerator pedal at 50 mph (max speed achievable) produced nothing, still no engine management light.
I purchased a Icarsoft code reader and found the follow codes 2510 and 2616, which are mentioned in this previous thread http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/140423-w211-2007-e320-cdi-jerky-power-loss-problems.html

The symptoms are the same, so I'm assuming the turbo / electronic actuator are failing and need replacement.

As the thread I linked to is 4 years old I'm looking for some updated info, there are turbos on eBay for <£300 including the electronics pack. Are these the best option? Mercedes R Class ML320 E320 C320 CDI 757608 765155 GT2052V Turbocharger Turbo | eBay

I'd prefer to replace the full turbo rather than chance the electronic actuator alone, is a turbo a DIY job? Is it just spanner turning or is there some STAR coding to do.

We all suffer from this issue mate,would love to know anyone whose finally cracked what caused this!

Well if you do replace the turbo,might I suggest you renew two seals one is under that jubilee clip in the second photo and the other very near it has the electrical connection just in front of that jubilee clip in the first photo on the left side as you look at it if they leak oil it will go on the swirl flap motor and that is a very expensive job the two seals are £20 from Mercedes.

Why not have the turbo actuator refurbished? Why go to all the expense if that's all it is?

Why not have the turbo actuator refurbished? Why go to all the expense if that's all it is?

The parts cost doesn't seem as high as it once was, turbo and actuator refurbished are £250. Time and labour doesn't warrant doing twice. My issue would be it being something in addition or separate to the turbo.

Diagnosis seems guesswork at best.

Herishi on here bought a recon Actuator off ebay as he had the same issue, Fault was sorted and it cost £90

have a look inside first! check the end float on the shaft for bearing wear,this causes whistle noises and the blades can touch the outer casing, you can clean it all out with mr muscle oven cleaner, i replaced a bmw turbo eBay job, took about an hour but was great after...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom