W211 estate luggage compartment cover problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Got a problem with luggage compartment cover on my 2004 w211 estate
The problem is its supposed to go up and down when u open and close the boot
Is there any hidden way to switch it on and off?
Thanks

I know that this might sound strange but make sure the seat backs are firmly positioned (you should get a bleep as they go home) then put the luggage cover down, close the boot, open it slightly and hold it there for a second. The luggage cover on my S211 didn't work if you opened the boot really quickly but was fine if you opened it slightly to start with.

It's common for the motors to fail, which are expensive and labour intensive to replace.

One of the few things that didn't work on my S211, which was otherwise a very reliable car in the three years I had it. Never bothered to do anything about it.. :)

Mine did not work when I bought the car, I removed the trims panels on both pillars so I could see the mechanism a little clearer. Without the trim panels the motor worked fine so only lubricated and reassembled carefully ensuring there was no areas that were causing any restriction that was more than 18 months ago and has worked flawlessly ever since.

You won't guess guys ?

The problem was in the back seats
One guy told me try to fold the back seats forward and back
And when you folding it back you hear a beep resetting the sensors back
So now everything works again

Twas me! Yep they have to bleep before the car can recognise the luggage cover is in place.

It's a cool feature when it works. Glad you got it sorted.

Ohh sorry guy forgot to thank everyone who tried to help and wish u good luck with your cars and have a long years with no faults

blue gnome123 said:
Twas me! Yep they have to bleep before the car can recognise the luggage cover is in place.

It's a cool feature when it works. Glad you got it sorted.

Thank u very much mate very much appressiated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom