• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W639 viano cigar lighter (boot) and fusebox question

Bladgb

Car
Viano 3.0 CDI Ambiente Extra Long
Decided today was the day to fit a replacement cigar lighter in the viano boot. This is the one located to the right side near the jack.

The reason was that the old one had a broken cover, and the inside of it was oxidised - it didn't work. I assumed this was due to the oxidation preventing a good connection, so ordered a new one from MB.

Fitted the new one without too much trouble, but it doesn't work!

The other cigar lighters in the car i.e. the one in the dash, and the other two adjacent to row 3 all work fine, except I have noticed the rear ones appear to be permanently live which is something to remember if the kids leave their iPods charging....

Anyway, I decided to check the fuse and found the engine fusebox but this has no fuse diagram! Looked on Dr Google to find others saying there is a fusebox under the dash - I am darned if I can find it...can anyone help?

TIA

Bladgb

Bump!

Can anyone help....please?

Thanks!

It is not a cigar lighter but a 12v outlet. It is meant to take the plug for the refrigerator. They easily get the cover knocked of as it only snaps on.

Thanks guys - that makes sense as I checked fuse 18 and all is well (glove box lamp and front cigar lighter operational).

I visually checked all other fuses in the engine fuse box using a high powered led inspection lamp to check for any obviously blown ones, but all looked good.

I checked under the passenger seat at the two fuses there - both good.

What is odd is that the two 12v outlets adjacent to row 3 seats are operable.

In the absence of a workshop manual or fusebox legend I simply don't know which tree to bark up if you catch my drift!

I read on here that WIS doesn't cover the 639, so am at a loss - will ask the Indy next time it goes in.

As a backstop I will double adaptor off the row 3 outlet and power my coolbox in the boot that way - at least my leftover turkey will stay cool as I plan a few days away over New Year.

Cheers

Bladgb

Fuse 5 in the fusebox under front left seat. (sort of a guess as I don't know how old your 639 is etc), but thats the one for the Load compartment socket right rear from mid 07)

Richard

Thank you Richard, something's not quite right here though.

The fuse box under the seat has only two fuses, and there is no wiring apparent to any other empty fuse holder in the block.

Having decoded the VIN WDF63981523374478, car was shipped from the factory on 18/09/2007 so not sure if it's the version you kindly guessed at.

What do you reckon?

Thanks

Bladgb

Attachments

• image-1865112277.jpg
    image-1865112277.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 29
Hi
Yours is older than the version I looked at. I don't have older diagrams. Have you checked there is wiring at the back of the socket, and are you sure its factory fit ?

R

richard said:
Hi Yours is older than the version I looked at. I don't have older diagrams. Have you checked there is wiring at the back of the socket, and are you sure its factory fit ? R

Hi Richard

That's a shame - there is wiring to the socket, coming from the wiring harness that then goes on to supply the rear cluster, so it must be OEM.

Have you any idea where I should look to find any diagrams?

Many thanks

Bladgb

Ok try fuse 40 in fusebox "F35" which I don't know where that is! But it has about 20 fuses in it, so possibly the one under the bonnet ?

Not that familiar with Vito etc

Cheers

Richard

Thanks so much Richard - you were spot on with fuse 40!

Must have missed it when looking through the fuse box in the engine.

To sum up:

The 12V power outlet (not cigar lighter -my bad) in the boot is powered via a 15A fuse located at number 40 in fuse box F35 in the viano (and presumably vito). F35 is to be found in the block to the lower right of the engine fuse box, number 40 has the pink holder as per the photo.

I have posted a festive shot of the boot power outlet in operation to say thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Bladgb

Attachments

• image-4165577528.jpg
    image-4165577528.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1357496164.jpg
    image-1357496164.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom