Washed from my water butt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
Like many I suppose, I am in a official 'drought' area and therefore have a hospipe ban. Got fed up not being able to use my pressure washer so bought the Karcher suction kit for my K3. It is way too short and TBH its only the end fittings that are of use i.e. filter one end and screw fitting the other. Heres a couple of pics afterwards. Very pleased and an added bonus that I didnt need to use a chamois :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 263
I thought the hose ban had been lifted after the monsoons in April? Or was that only in certain areas?

I thought the hose ban had been lifted after the monsoons in April? Or was that only in certain areas?

Sadly only for some areas and Sussex is one. So I thought I'd use my full water butt. It being full as I don't need it as it has rained for a month ;)

Hi C63chris,

Nice job.

I have been thinking of getting a water butt for the same job.

What size is yours and how much water did you use?

Also, would you recommend a pump or will gravity be more than sufficient?

Kind Regards

Looking good Chris :)

for pressure washers it's best to have valve at the bottom of the butt, then it works great. have to use a filter.

Hi C63chris,

Nice job.

I have been thinking of getting a water butt for the same job.

What size is yours and how much water did you use?

Also, would you recommend a pump or will gravity be more than sufficient?

Kind Regards

Not sure of the volume but it's standard size and about a metre high. Washing mine and the wife's Yaris used about 1/5 Of the water. Dont need a pump. Just a filter on the end in the butt. PW does the rest. Nice job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom