Well hello there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got a small thread to do re a quick run to Derwent water and for a lunch and a midlothian tour in a small 4x4....

When they put you in the cooler, you didn't have to head for the icy Highlands you know - glad you did though, great pics. All is well in the world of Mercedes nuts!! ;) ;)

Good to see you back on here.:thumb:

Good to see you back on here.:thumb:

Its good to be back here. A lot of good fold on here. Whilst I was on holiday I did catch up with a few members for lunch, well twice down in the White and the red rose counties.

Lets just say I've not forgotten who my friends are when I was off. :thumb:

I've missed hearing your glorious praises of your C220 estate.

Last edited:
Its an amazing car. Three trips down south in dec, one to York, one to Poulton Le Flyde, one to the Moorcock Inn nr Hawes N.Yorks.

All done over 47mpg and in comfort.

Not quite the 500 miles in V12s S class, but not far off

_DSC0860 by [email protected], on Flickr

That does sound like a good car.:thumb:

Saw 40 MPG from my 2.5 ton car yesterday on the M8! :eek:

I am starting to think there is something wrong with it!

Saw 40 MPG from my 2.5 ton car yesterday on the M8! :eek:

I am starting to think there is something wrong with it!

52mpg Glasgow to Edinburgh leaving Glasgow 345pm Friday.

I assume it was on the downhill bit into Airdrie nr Eurocentral ;)

52mpg Glasgow to Edinburgh leaving Glasgow 345pm Friday.

I assume it was on the downhill bit into Airdrie nr Eurocentral ;)

Nope. City centre to Braehead.

Nope. City centre to Braehead.

Its a 50mph limit most of the way, and if its not jammed on the bridge it can be free flowing but the elevation changes (drop down to the 77 start) then back up after wards as the limit climbs to 70...

Not the best route for hypermiling.

Its a 50mph limit most of the way, and if its not jammed on the bridge it can be free flowing but the elevation changes (drop down to the 77 start) then back up after wards as the limit climbs to 70...

Not the best route for hypermiling.

I agree not the best route, but it was fairly quiet' Ish at the time. Yet to do a long journey, just been busy with work .

I agree not the best route, but it was fairly quiet' Ish at the time. Yet to do a long journey, just been busy with work .
It won't do 40 I wouldn't have thought, I think low 30's MPG. Try brimming it, gives a true reading of whats going on. That says 49mpg but its nearer 45mpg.

No it doesn't - it's a diesel. :ban:

Good sounding cars run on petrol and have at least 6 cylinders.

Do you one better, I'll organise a forum driving weekend in Scotland.

I'm looking at organising a Lake district tour for the forum too. Ian F organised a belting route around Yorkshire for us last year, he didn't show up so Corned took the lead...

I'll show up, I know good pig out spots down there.

Good to have you back buddy :thumb:

OK don't add to my bl*ody embarrassment, I organise a tour then don't make it. :doh: To be fair though the night before the business got robbed and we lost nearly £50k of kit so I think it was a valid excuse not to turn up.

I've been asked to organise another Yorkshire one this year which I will do and I will turn up for as their have been significant developments with the business that will free up my time so watch this space.

Also how are you and that camera of yours with people and not landscapes? Looks like I might have a paying job for some team and individual shots and would rather give it to someone I know, drop me a mail if you are interested.

Good to have you back buddy :thumb:

OK don't add to my bl*ody embarrassment, I organise a tour then don't make it. :doh: To be fair though the night before the business got robbed and we lost nearly £50k of kit so I think it was a valid excuse not to turn up.

I've been asked to organise another Yorkshire one this year which I will do and I will turn up for as their have been significant developments with the business that will free up my time so watch this space.

Also how are you and that camera of yours with people and not landscapes? Looks like I might have a paying job for some team and individual shots and would rather give it to someone I know, drop me a mail if you are interested.

I'm mediocre, not a pro at people but willing to give it a go. You know me, I am always interested in this hobby. Cheers

Do it again, was a superb run but Lunch at the Moorcock Inn, that stew. NOM!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom