Well priced and very honest W211 E55 Kompressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BJV for me - dropped my wife's car off on Thursday, pick it up tomorrow, wheels powder-coated, tyres refitted and balanced, £240 all-inclusive. That seems like a bargain to me, if the job is done well, and they've been recommended more than once on this forum..

Last edited:
From one of the earlier posts here.

I would like to know where people can get the door handle for less than £150?

Who said they're less than £150? :confused:

They're around £150 + VAT. I bought one recently for £135 + VAT including a 10% discount. That was colour matched from factory - I think they may be a little cheaper in primer?

BJV for me - dropped my wife's car off on Thursday, pick it up tomorrow, wheels powder-coated, tyres refitted and balanced, £240 all-inclusive. That seems like a bargain to me, if the job is done well, and they've been recommended more than once on this forum..

I was down there the other day - they're doing another set for me, fingers crossed they come out as good as normal.

Good guys down there, pretty thorough refurb and good value for money :)

From one of the earlier posts here.

I would like to know where people can get the door handle for less than £150?

Bought another one today :eek:

Part number for my car - MA211 760 12 70/ 9744 (the last bit is the colour code)

That's for the RHS (front or back - both the same)

Worked out as said previously at £135 + VAT inc 10% discount.

From my local dealer :)

Mileage on the dash says 103 or 108k?

Mileage on the dash says 103 or 108k?

The 150k refers to the car mentioned in post #8. A black estate car listed on Auto trader.

Bought another one today :eek:

Part number for my car - MA211 760 12 70/ 9744 (the last bit is the colour code)

That's for the RHS (front or back - both the same)

Worked out as said previously at £135 + VAT inc 10% discount.

From my local dealer :)

Thanks can you tell me which dealer? I thought the front and rear handles are different for keyless ones?

Thanks can you tell me which dealer? I thought the front and rear handles are different for keyless ones?

On the W211 they're the same - not sure about others. What makes you think they are different?

LHS/RHS different obviously.

I used my local dealer for convenience - MBW Brooklands. Have you tried yours? :)

May be cheaper online or elsewhere of course.

On the W211 they're the same - not sure about others. What makes you think they are different?

LHS/RHS different obviously.

I used my local dealer for convenience - MBW Brooklands. Have you tried yours? :)

May be cheaper online or elsewhere of course.

Thanks, I haven't brought the merc yet hence the number of questions. I take it the handle was already painted so no extra work of lacquer and etc?

Is there an echo in here? :eek: :D

Good luck and hope its a good one
Let us know how you get on .

Let us know what it's like. I'd say 7k cash should prize it away from the seller :thumb:

Went to see the car today and it was in very nice condition. There were a few issues. There was a loud thud / knocking noise coming from the rear when accelerating from rest.

It also need a 3 tyres, one side of the dual amg exhausts are bent, needs rear pads.

The under bonnet sound proofing was missing and the try under the bonnet was also missing.

Offered £6.5k and this was rejected.

The search continues.

So not to well priced or honest as described ;(
It also surprises me how parts go missing from
Cars , are people just to lazy to put them back on
Or generally don't give a **** about their expensive car !!

Last edited:
Went to see the car today and it was in very nice condition. There were a few issues. There was a loud thud / knocking noise coming from the rear when accelerating from rest.

It also need a 3 tyres, one side of the dual amg exhausts are bent, needs rear pads.

The under bonnet sound proofing was missing and the try under the bonnet was also missing.

Offered £6.5k and this was rejected.

The search continues.
I wouldn't say those items you mention are too bad to sort out.

Thud at the back is probably subframe bushes or prop coupling.

Tyres are wear and tear items - he/you could fit part worns from as little as £25 a corner up to around £150 for new top brand ones - depends on how you view it. You wouldn't expect a cheap car to come with newish tyres to be honest.

You can't expect a top condition car at that money. £6.5k is probably a bit on the low side to be fair despite the issues - never seen an E55 Kompressor that cheap regardless of condition/mileage etc - I think one with a broken engine sold on eBay recently for close to that figure.

Maybe up the budget a bit if you want a car that needs next to nothing doing to it. I reckon I will have spent about £2k on mine to bring it up to scratch by the time I have finished and there wasn't that much wrong with it to be fair. I just want it at a good standard and fully expected to spend money on any 10 year old car :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom