• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

What do you think of the Winton? I've been looking at them for my compact John Deere, it's a 24hp tractor.

Pretty decent. It's my second, I had a smaller one before without the hydraulic side shift. They are solid and well made for a 'budget' brand - I've gone over things with both of them that were big & heavy enough to instantly jam the rotor and stall the tractor (e.g. a broken fence post lying hidden in undergrowth) ... no damage whatsoever.

In terms of power my tractor is also 24 hp and runs the WFH145 (1.45m) fine (the quoted minimum power is 25 hp), but I wouldn't go any bigger than that. Your Deere should be fine with the weight on the 3-point linkage (325 kg) ... I have a loader on the front but otherwise you'd probably need some weights to offset it. I had the smaller WFL125 (1.25m) before - I had people queuing up to buy that as soon as I advertised it, so they seem pretty popular.

Service time. Been informed it's a b7 , Inc fuel filter ,brake fluid ,air filters etc etc. anyone that knows the 0m642 will know I'm gonna need more food. Screenshot_20241016-091937.png

Last edited:
Service time. Been informed it's a b7 , Inc fuel filter ,brake fluid ,air filters etc etc. anyone that knows the 0m642 will know I'm gonna need more food. View attachment 162586
Make sure you get your money's worth with a couple of gallons of Lavazza and their complete supply of Biscoff bikkies!

Make sure you get your money's worth with a couple of gallons of Lavazza and their complete supply of Biscoff bikkies!
Breakfast bag buddy and 2 flapjacks .

Hopefully take out for lunch . ?

I called into Mercedes-Benz of Birmingham recently and they have a full-on coffee shop. Hot drinks (with a biscuit) are all FOC but cakes pastries, sandwiches and the like are charged. I think they may even toasted sandwiches.

Not Mercedes but took the Micra for it's mot this morning, I only drive it once a year and am always impressed at how nice it drives! Wouldn't want one as a daily though....

Not Mercedes but took the Micra for it's mot this morning, I only drive it once a year and am always impressed at how nice it drives! Wouldn't want one as a daily though....

My first wife had a succession of small cars, which TBH I always enjoyed driving:

'Original' Mini Clubman
Metro
Micra mk 1
Micra mk 2
Honda Jazz

We're shortly getting a 2009 Citroen C1 for my son, who turns 17 in December. I'm going to have to drive it 230 miles home which I think will be 'interesting' in a tiny & light car with modest power!

Came home from work early today JUST to wash the van. It’s due its first service (24 months) tomorrow and having been to the quarry every day this week it resembled an off-roader. 🫣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom