Will it play MP3 CDs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ManJ

Car
E270 CDI(54), CLK270 CDI(03), S320 CDI(03), Smart Passion CDI (2011)
Hi guys, ive got a standard 1 disc slot in my dash of the E Class (2004 Avantgarde) with no CD changer. Is there anyway I could maybe unlock this unit to play MP3 CDs?

Thanks in advance

ManJ

Hi guys, ive got a standard 1 disc slot in my dash of the E Class (2004 Avantgarde) with no CD changer. Is there anyway I could maybe unlock this unit to play MP3 CDs?

Thanks in advance

ManJ

I've got a 2005 car like yours, and it plays MP3 CDs exactly like normal CDs (and they sound just the same too). Just make sure the song files finish ".mp3".

Really?! Il have to go out and give that a go tommorow

Hiya, Ive just had a go at it, but no luck, it wont recognize it. Just says track 1 and doesnt play anything. Anyone else?

Hiya, Ive just had a go at it, but no luck, it wont recognize it. Just says track 1 and doesnt play anything. Anyone else?

Mine did that to, I found out it only plays MP3's through a CD changer, not the head unit itself. Mine is an Audio 20, not sure if the same would apply to yours.

Russ

Hmm, is there maybe a way to unlock it? You would expect it to have played it, even my wifes 55 plate Corsa SXI accepts MP3 CDs in the factory stereo... LOL

I don't believe any of the Audio 20 head units will play MP3s. Before I changed it I'm pretty sure mine didn't and that was a 2008 model.

Changers do and Comand units do (although earlier ones need a software upgrade if I remember earlier).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom