Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just picking up on this again as the DVLA have sent me a new V5C.
My original concern was that my V5C was incorrectly showing my car as a W204 (it's a W205) although the Vin No was correct.
True the tag on the door pillar shows it as a type W204 (Vin No. W205).
The MB main dealer that I bought the car from supported the view that it was incorrect and they sent it with an accompanying letter to the DVLA.
6 weeks later and I have just received a new V5C still showing it as a W204 but without any explanation whatsoever.
No point in going any further. It's obviously how they see the car and for that matter how MB see it because they ship it with a W204 tag.
I guess they are all like it. We know them as W205 and that's all that matters, still strange system though.

Hello all,

Reviving an old thread because this is the top result on Google so I thought I would add the answer to help others. Here is a response from Mercedes Benz UK I received yesterday:

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your C 220 BlueTEC.
I can confirm that a C-Class V5C is correct in showing the type as 204.
Although, the C-Class Series 205 is an all new car, there were enough similarities to the outgoing 204 model to make it more efficient/economic to homologate the car as Type 204, hence Type 204 appearing on the V5C.
If I can be of further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Hope this saves some others a headache / any worrying their v5c is incorrect!

Owners should note however that despite the useful info above --- the cars VIN [CHASSIS NO] as it appears on top of the dash [ passenger side] will start WDD205******** or similar and most the part numbers for the car will start with A 205**********

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom