WTD: W202 C250 TD back box exhaust section.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Please get in touch if you have a decent one or know of anyone breaking a 202 C250 TD.

Thx.

Bump!

I bought a new back box for my 210 from Ebay. It came from Poland in under 48 hrs.
53 quid.
OEM 350 quid.
Fitted up OK and works as it should.

a111,

Do you remember the name of the vendor? Link?

I did see eternalcar's W202 C250 TD exhaust on ebay but was a bit concerned 'cos the original exhaust is one piece & this is two pieces (for cheaper shipping?) with the long pipe going back up to the cat broken in two.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MERCEDES-...n:W202&hash=item2a638b51ef:g:AYIAAOSwHxVW7A7I

Was this the case with your 210 &, if yes, did you find this to be a problem at all?

I'm unfamiliar with Polmostrow but the car has over 200K on the clock & unless the exhaust is complete sh1te I'm pretty sure it would outlast the car.

I did see eternalcar's W202 C250 TD exhaust on ebay but was a bit concerned 'cos the original exhaust is one piece & this is two pieces (for cheaper shipping?) with the long pipe going back up to the cat broken in two.

MERCEDES-BENZ C-CLASS W202,S202 C250TD Saloon Estate 95-01 Exhaust Rear Silencer | eBay

Was this the case with your 210 &, if yes, did you find this to be a problem at all?

For the price I was expecting just the back box to turn up.
Imagine my surprise when a 6 foot box arrived containing the whole rear in 2 pieces, the clamp and exhaust paste.

I made fitting it more difficult than it should be. I cut off my back box at the same place, thinking it would be easier re-using my original long pipe than getting under the middle of the car and unbolting / re-fitting it.

Not so. The pipe used is not quite OE size, maybe 4 mm smaller in diameter so the clamp was 'very hard' to fit properly.

So if you fit the lot it will be fine, I'm sure. Whilst you're down there, you could knock the cat's guts out for good measure!

Last edited:
To finish this thread.

I bought an aftermarket exhaust from eternal car for 53 quid (it went up to £67 the next day! Brexit no doubt.) Arrived in 2 sections & fit well. Easy enough to fit, pipes the right size, has the hangers & bends where they should be & seems to work OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom