Your top three driving pet hates...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

Another thread's just reminded me of one of my motoring pet peeves so I thought it might be good to start a thread to let of a bit of steam about yours too...

Mine are (and in no particular order):

Misuse of fog lights e.g. turning them on when it rains.

Everyone sitting in the right hand lane on a dual carriageway leaving the inside lane empty because they're all scared of losing their place in the queue.

People who overtake on a motorway and decide that they quite like that lane and decide to stay in it for miles and then look all indignant when you undertake them at 10mph more than what they're travelling at.

All of those, and people turning right, and holding up traffic when they could position their car better to let the traffic continue to flow on their inside.

Drivers on the phone, or worse still, texting :devil:.

Fog lights in the rain (but no fog) :devil:

Lane changing at speed on the motorway to "get ahead" :devil:

1) drivers joining motorways thinking they have right of way
2) undertaking to get 1/2 cars infront
3) bloody quene jumping

Last edited:
3 is tough - I'm already up to 4 from the above posts.

Top three I guess, again in no particular order:

Poor lane discipline

Inconsiderate drivers - including those who cause an unnecessary hold up due to poor positioning as above, as well as those who don't indicate left off a roundabout and you've been waiting for them but could have pulled out

Drivers who are farting around and not concentrating on what they are doing for whatever reason

Phoning/texting/makeup/shaving/eating etc.

Middle lane owners club

Fog lights on for no purpose.

Drivers that think it's ok for them to do 85 on the motorway but not ok for me to do 100.

Another two:
Drivers with no lane discipline.
Distracted drivers.

Last edited:
I hate no one!
I get around them!;)

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Drivers who won't keep up with the flow of traffic in a 30mph limit

Tailgaters who see an AMG badge and want to race you.

Lane hoggers not moving over to let others pass.

Plenty more too:devil:

1. The vehicle I'm stuck behind.

2. The vehicle that's on my tail.

3. All other road users within 15 miles.

1) People who do 45mph everywhere even in 30 zones and then on dual carriage ways.
2) People who cant judge a corner correctly so they turn right a little for swinging the car left into a corner and vice versa (often without an indicator on)
3) People who think roadrage is acceptable and showing agression to other is just part of driving on todays roads.

My 3!

Drivers who drive with the sidelights on (and or fogs) but no headlights, at night. You see it a lot with modern cars that have DRLs, they think DRLs are adequate and don't put their headlights on.

Drivers who at a junction, get in the turning right lane, only to go straight on, queue jumping... It's alright so long as they set off quick innit? :mad: When I'm the front car and a car comes along next to me and isn't indicating, I'm gathering he's going to pull a fast one, so I match his speed, so he has to then stop, indicate and wait as no bugger lets him in for his sins. :p

People who think they can park/pullover anywhere, so long as they put the hazards on. (Taxis mostly).

Another, can't help it. Those who drive with earbuds in listening to music. It spoils their spacial awareness, and makes them oblivious to emergency vehicles, or people using their horn (legitimately, to alert of danger, etc)

Sorry. Can't do it in three. Not a chance. Generically I would say:-

1. Drivers who think they are great at driving when they are really Maureen Rees' (lots and lots of those)
2. Drivers who are selfish/arrogant/bullying/rude/discourteous (lots of those too)
3. Drivers who engage in 'local practices' or who superimpose sheep mentality and promote it as the right way to do something.

People who don't indicate and people who leave their indicators on after a manoeuvre

Another, can't help it. Those who drive with earbuds in listening to music. It spoils their spacial awareness, and makes them oblivious to emergency vehicles, or people using their horn (legitimately, to alert of danger, etc)

By that logic deaf people shouldnt be able to drive...?

Headphones in are most likely for hands free calls.

Last edited:
Oops one more. The person at the pump you're queuing on who after filling up at the petrol station decide to get their monthly shopping in whilst they go and pay for the fuel

Braking then indicating.
Being stuck behind any Mummy driving a SUV, 4x4 or People carrier.
Overtake a car, then it speeds up. WTF!

Braking then indicating.
Being stuck behind any Mummy driving a SUV, 4x4 or People carrier.
Overtake a car, then it speeds up. WTF!

Braking either before any maneuver, say on a motorway, or for no reason at all...

what is that all about...I want to change lane...brake...look in mirror...indicate...

By that logic deaf people should be able to drive...?

Headphones in are most likely for hands free calls.

or listening to music.

Umm...Deaf people are allowed to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom