1989 Vauxhall Carlton 3.0 GSi 3000 4dr Saloon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
EDIT :-

Just checked the specs and the ad is wrong , and hence so am i . The LC has 570 nm , not 420 nm.

Had a feeling that was the case - the figures looked about right for a unit error :thumb:

I like that one.

They do look ancient now though.

I remember Irmscher stuff from my Manta days.

I remember Irmscher stuff from my Manta days.

You had a Manta :cool::cool: I guess I should take you from my ignore list :p

LOL I had a Cavalier GLS 2-door coupe (not the hatchback) - great car.

I had a white Cavalier LXi - part ex'd my first car (MK1 Astra) for it, plus a grand cash!! Back in 1994!! Haven't seen another LXi for years.

That first one is loopy. I fancied the idea of a GTE 16V engine but it was cheaper to buy the car with one fitted.

You had a Manta :cool::cool: I guess I should take you from my ignore list :p

Yeah cheers, I think.

I had a 1987 B series genuine GTE Exclusive in Dolphin Grey.

This is the old girl:

Attachments

• Manta Front.jpg
    Manta Front.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 65
  • Manta Rear.jpg
    Manta Rear.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 66
That first one is loopy. I fancied the idea of a GTE 16V engine but it was cheaper to buy the car with one fitted.

Yeah cheers, I think.

I had a 1987 B series genuine GTE Exclusive in Dolphin Grey.

This is the old girl:

That exhaust looks fruity!

I learnt to drive in a 1.8 Carlton in '92, probably got the ol rosy shades on but fantastic cars

Me with my coupe, early 80s :eek:

Vauxhall.jpg

Looking cool there BTB - am liking the rally style Cibie's and are those Weller wheels?!

That exhaust looks fruity!

It was my first car in early 1994 - so I wasn't let's say "up" on looking at cars and didn't know much about them except my brother had one. I took the family mechanic friend with me.

It wasn't until much later I realised it had a different exhaust (Sebring I think it was).

I didn't think it was that loud, but my friends at the time told me how soon they could here the car coming before I arrived.

I got it lowered by someone who had standard Manta springs - for some reason, a lot of the Exclusives came with really soft suspension that meant the car was high up.

After that, it handled like it was on rails - amazing and made you feel like a better driver than invariably you were.

Bought in March 1994 for £1700 (underpriced at £1900 but duly knocked down to £1700), sold in March 1995 for...

£1700.......... winner!

Looking cool there BTB - am liking the rally style Cibie's and are those Weller wheels?!

Have to say I don't know what the wheels were ... they were on the car when I got it (also a bootlid spoiler). The Cibies were rather awesome, I had them wired through relays so you could select none/top two/all four coming on/off with main beam :cool: Great for country lanes, I once used the tower of St Davids cathedral as a target when I was adjusting the alignment :D

vauxhalls,,on an mb site???well i wish i still had my hpf,or any of my magnums,,even my old vx2300 gls,,have you seen the money they make these days.even tthe old bloke who used to do my mot's loved my magnum coupe,refering to it as a wolf in sheeps clothing,passed my test in that one,the examiners face was a picture when i led him to my car,often wonder if it helped me pass?? am wondering now if Dude from glasgow still has his lotus carlton under wraps in his garage??

Always wanted a Magnum 2300 saloon as a 'Q car' ... never found a good one, made do with a Viva 1800 OHC which I enjoyed nonetheless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom