2001 "S" Class O/S elec seat - question ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FLOYDTHEBARBER

Car
Spam Mobile
I bought a 2001 S class last night and i cant seem to get the seat base to rise into a higher position. Ive pushed the elec control for the seat base upwards but can only get the rear of the base to raise which turns the seat into a slide. Im sitting low in the car and dont like the driving position. Not sure if a "large" person has owned the car in the past, in this case he / she may have put extra strain on the seat mechanicals and caused them to fail ? Is it a common fault ?

Or is this standard ?

Thanks
Matt

Problem found

I took the seat out tonight after running a few circuit checks. I manually managed to lift the height adjuster for the front of the seat base with a little muscle power. I took the motor off which works fine and then removed the height adjustment mechanism which the motor powers. Everything seemed ok up to this point. Its when i removed the mechanism and took the inspection cover off i found the problem. The gear that connects to the spindle powered by the motor has worn down ( plastic ) you can see in the picture the centre part of the gear has worn away.

So now i need to find a new mechanism !!

2010_0603thomasllangollen0078.jpg

2010_0603thomasllangollen0077.jpg

2010_0603thomasllangollen0075.jpg

2010_0603thomasllangollen0080.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom