4 possible drivers, non-involvement & hit and run.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are no camera that are trained on customers apparently they are only used for and to monitor criminal activity.. I find that hard to believe..

Proving the driver was there is all well and good and your right I may get lucky.. But then that doesn't prove he hit me does it..

His car suprisingly has no damage to it, I would assume it has been touched up or repaired, or maybe it's a ringer.. Either way I came off worst so it wouldn't of been much hassle to fix the damage if any to his car.. Which makes me look like a complete lier.

As my car sits lower it obviously going to come off worse.. If I drove an ML I may have been ok.

Looking into any transaction history is the last step in this investigation but would not prove that he hit my car..just that he was in tecos.. Which according to his receipt he was but at 7/8 AM in the morning:doh: which obviously makes me look like a lier when I'm saying he hit me at 11 ish.

What I have learnt from this is if I get into that situation again.. Chase them down and don't stop until I get them... Or get as many witnesses as possible.

I guess the final outcome is simply that he got lucky.

If you believe in divine justice , something will scrape right along the side of said Galaxy then disappear without trace .

If you believe in divine justice , something will scrape right along the side of said Galaxy then disappear without trace .

Yep.. They'll get what they deserve.

In answer to Xenons earlier question.. My insurer is Zenith.

Indeed they can but if the insurer contacts their client and their client denies responsibility and refuses to put in a claim then the claim will be rejected.

That certainly used to be the case , but my understanding is that now , with sufficient evidence of culpability ( this may be witness statements , CCTV or other physical evidence ) that an insurer can be compelled to pay out - even where the driver/policyholder refuses to make a claim .

Sadly , in Mobb's case , there seems to be insufficient evidence to proceed - short of standing in Tesco's car park for the next week with a big banner "Did you see a bounder hit my car" he is unlikely to be able to proceed further .

I understand you have fully comprehensive insurance. Why don't you just claim your uninsured losses via the MIB? You should get your excess back and the claim would be a non fault claim for you anyway.

I wouldn't bother chasing the third party. But if you must, you may want to find out who insures the vehicle as in many cases, the insurers are likely to be the same as yours and thus a recovery would become irrelevant. I assume you are fully covered under your policy for a courtesy car etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom