A very tight junction and too much speed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When he repeats it in a non-Citroen XM?

This one's ride is getting better all the time. The brakes were binding slightly due to lack of pushrod free play. Now that's sorted it really glides on undulations.

Took the diesel XM out for a long run today, lots of motorway, country road and urban, with even motorway surfaces badly degraded. I felt one shudder on the entire journey, which was a metal manhole standing far too proud. The rest was Rolls Royce smooth. It really is the most compelling car.

How long will it take before you admit to driving too fast for the conditions?
:D

I would if I was. The speed was appropriate as I was able to react BEFORE the situation, not after it.

You can carry on wasting posts as long as you like. I'm sure that soon you will bring in bikers being the salt of the earth, never performing a wrong deed.

No, what needs to happen is he needs to be ribbed into a confession by being tied in knots by his own quotes from the fog thread. :D

When he repeats it in a non-Citroen XM?

I've taken some bits off a scrapper today. This firm had a number of these at one time, this particular one had covered 465,000 miles and still looked great.
The lowest mileage one I saw had 260,000 miles on the clock.

I nipped out last night to go to somewhere I had never been to before, so was following the SatNav.

On the A40 I needed to turn off at Goodrich Castle. The SatNav showed the junction as a lead off from the A40, so I didn't think about slowing too much.
At this point there are no streetlights and it was sluicing it down with rain, so visibility and grip were reduced.
As I went to turn off the A road I realised the junction was a full on 90 degree bend.

Thank goodness for driving a decent car with powerful brakes and good tyres. It was a heart stopping moment. :D

Zoom in to the junction.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=u...9&gl=uk&ei=2S8sU8-RN-mS1AXepYFA&ved=0CJIBELYD

I don't mean to sh1t stir (yes I do)...but ...

Not really, Sh!t stirrer.

The difference was I reacted IN TIME and was able to take the junction safely. I didn't overshoot, I didn't nearly crash, just had to brake rather sharply as a result of the indications, including road markings, not giving a clear picture of the severity of the junction.

A somewhat different scenario to someone nearly driving up a roundabout because they were going too fast in fog.

You reacted in time, there is no doubt. But the fact you had to react, quickly, was due to the fact you were driving too fast given the fact you couldn't see the road ahead...just like driving too fast in fog. You do agree?

You do realise you'll lose this one.:bannana::bannana:

You reacted in time, there is no doubt. But the fact you had to react, quickly, was due to the fact you were driving too fast given the fact you couldn't see the road ahead...just like driving too fast in fog. You do agree?

You do realise you'll lose this one.:bannana::bannana:

No I don't as I did indeed react before the situation.

You and Spook can stir all you like, just waiting for developer to get on board, then we have a full house.

Oh come on DM you deserve it, you know you do. :D
I have to admit, I do have a knack for routing out Sh!t stirrers... ;) :D

I suppose if you have the ultimate smooth riding vehicle, there will always be people trying to give you a rough ride...

...I've only got 1 Million+ miles under my belt...

How many have you got?

I neither know nor care - but I'll warrant I was driving around whilst you were still eating mashed banana in your high chair.;)

...and so far, accident and drama free...

Anyway, all this nonsense has taken you over 32k - another figure for you to brag about.

Last edited:
...all this soul searching over a bit of sharp braking at a tight turn...is this a Sports Relief jape??!

Does anyone remember the GSA TV advert from the eighties(?) showing a stunt driver passing between two articulated lorries going in the opposite direction and intentionally blowing-up a front tyre when he is right between the two? This was supposed to demoatrate their superior hydraulic suspension, the car going straight as an arrow on three wheels..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom