A very tight junction and too much speed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
right let me get this straight -
DM had to react quickly to a road layout he was not expecting and he avoided having a crash.
The fog OP guy had to react quickly to a road layout he was not expecting and he also avoided having a crash.
For DM to keep harping on about how he was driving at the right speed and so could react BEFORE anything is happening is of course prime nonsense. If he had been travelling at the appropriate speed he wouldn't have had to brake or steer sharply (or whatever it was he did)
If he didn't have to brake or steer sharply, then he was travelling at the appropriate speed, but in which case it's hardly worth mentioning in the first place

DM had to react quickly to a road layout he was not expecting and he avoided having a crash.
The fog OP guy had to react quickly to a road layout he was not expecting and he also avoided having a crash.
For DM to keep harping on about how he was driving at the right speed and so could react BEFORE anything is happening is of course prime nonsense. If he had been travelling at the appropriate speed he wouldn't have had to brake or steer sharply (or whatever it was he did)
If he didn't have to brake or steer sharply, then he was travelling at the appropriate speed, but in which case it's hardly worth mentioning in the first place

Its all just a big cover up to start another Citroen thread!

This is really not helping me! I keep getting strange urges:dk:
Maybe I should try an XM:eek:

You are most welcome to come for a run in one of mine. I would not say they are perfect, but they are quite compelling, and a lot more usable than an older CX.

It was just an observation about being nearly caught out by the road layout not being as expected.
If anyone actually bothers to look at the Streetview images, they will see the road markings appear to indicate a shallow run off. The reality is a 90 degree bend.

It was supposed to be a bit of light hearted entertainment, but we don't don't that anymore on this forum since it got taken over by old windbags.

Last edited:
Anyway, all this nonsense has taken you over 32k - another figure for you to brag about.

I've never mentioned my post count...You seem to be bothered about it though...:dk:

Does anyone remember the GSA TV advert from the eighties(?) showing a stunt driver passing between two articulated lorries going in the opposite direction and intentionally blowing-up a front tyre when he is right between the two? This was supposed to demoatrate their superior hydraulic suspension, the car going straight as an arrow on three wheels..

When 17, I had a front blow-out when driving one due to a glass bottle in the road slashing a 4" gash in the sidewall.
I didn't notice the tyre was blown until stopping at a junction down the road. The only indication at the time was a thud felt through the steering wheel.

I had a similar incident, front nearside blow out! All of us in the car were looking to the sky trying to spot the Helicopter as that was how it sounded :eek:
2:crazy: miles down the road however we soon realised as car was very unstable

Yet your thread title is......

"A very tight junction and too much speed"

It was for the junction as it was, not as it was expected to be from the indications given by SatNav, map and road markings.

If the indications had been for the junction to be very tight I would have been driving slower, so as to not have any drama.

I guess we've only got about another 30 pages to go on this one...:rolleyes:

Woo !

Godwins award to Mr B Millar

I neither know nor care - but I'll warrant I was driving around whilst you were still eating mashed banana in your high chair.;)

...and so far, accident and drama free...

What a boring life you must lead.
I've had lots of thrills in cars, some due to speed, others due to ice, others due to the Police :D, two or three heavy write offs (none my fault), been thrown over the top of a car, a few scrapes, tried a very quick dragster, and generally had a lot of fun.

Apart from the being run over bit, I wouldn't change any of it.

Yep being run over never brightens the day! My incident was accidental though. However the pillock thought he was still on my foot so went forward and run me over again!:crazy:

Yep being run over never brightens the day! My incident was accidental though. However the pillock thought he was still on my foot so went forward and run me over again!:crazy:

Ha ha.. LOL...:D

I should've guessed what was in store, the driver threatened me first.

I knew nothing, laying under a car holding up an exhaust, my mate parked next to it reversed out and turned, as the front swung out straight over the right foot! I banged my head, dropped the exhaust on myself and shouted, then he panicked and went forward!
Just a shame it wasn't on camera because it would have made some very amusing viewing later on!

I knew nothing, laying under a car holding up an exhaust, my mate parked next to it reversed out and turned, as the front swung out straight over the right foot! I banged my head, dropped the exhaust on myself and shouted, then he panicked and went forward!
Just a shame it wasn't on camera because it would have made some very amusing viewing later on!

In a similar vein, I know someone who reversed over their own dog.

OOps, if I did that I would be looking for a new place to live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom