Airmatic - car too low message in display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

I recently loaded my S500 with quite a heavy load, including some cases in the boot and 3 people. When I turned on the ignition the "Airmatic, Stop Car too low" message appeared.

I have never seen this message before and I couldn't beleive the car was overloaded. I then pressed the Vehicle Raise button to raise the car and then switched it off again. The message went away and there were no reported malfunctions. The car felt and handled fine.

It has not returned again. I was wondering whether this message displays briefly whilst the Airmatic is responding to the heavy load and raising the car or whether this is indicative of some malfunction. As I have not seen it again, I can only assume that it was temporary. Any advise welcomed.

thanks

DB1

Had it on mine, some sort of pump failed (apparently a common failure on S500s that have done about 35k). It gave a similar message, just check with your dealer

Originally posted by RichardM
Toy cars have Airmatic do they Toady?

Yeah, it was an inflatable car, for children who might "damage" themselves.

Woah lordy this boy don't give up.

My S500. At least tell us it happened you your rich uncles S500, we might at least take some note of your passed on "experience".

DB1 I am not sure if you know why these guys are making jokes it's a old story not aimed at you ;)

Forget Toady he will go and play with his toys.:crazy: :crazy:

Can anyone answer db1 question please?:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom