Alloy wheels refurbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys got a set of 20" deep dish wheels for my w211 estate and they need a refurb ideally would want the inner part in a gloss shiny black with polished outer lips
Can anyone suggest any good place in London and roughly how much it would cost?
Thanks in advance

Lepsons are good and are close to Gillingham railway station which is handy as they have some offers on like free storage while they do your wheels :bannana:

sjmaxwell said:
Lepsons are good and are close to Gillingham railway station which is handy as they have some offers on like free storage while they do your wheels :bannana:

And price wise ? How much it would cost me?
I'm just trying to figure out what would be cheaper powdercoating them or wet painting?
Thanks

If you're prepared to travel to Gillingham, also have a look at Rimtec in Meopham - they did my 968 cab wheels last year (full strip, bead blast, paint and lacquer), did an excellent job and were somewhat cheaper than Lepsons. Prices on their website. They're not great at answering phones and emails.

astamir said:
And price wise ? How much it would cost me?
I'm just trying to figure out what would be cheaper powdercoating them or wet painting?
Thanks

Lepsons website has there prices on it so you can work out the price

Lepsons did an amazing job on dads CLS wheels.

Have you tried Diamond Alloys in Northolt?

If Sevenoaks isn't too far have a look at Diamond Styling. They do a good job and have facilities for machined and polished rims. Diamond Styling UK Ltd

Les S211 said:
Have you tried Diamond Alloys in Northolt?

No I haven't tried few places powdercoating far too expensive comparable to painting £100 a wheel
Do you know how much they do in northolt?

What's the average prices you guys paid for the wheel refurbish?
Found a bodyshop that paint it for £35 per wheel
Powder coating £90 per wheel

£340 plus £30 to straighten two of them. I used the opportunity to replace two tyres at the same time (at my own extra cost).

They are dipped, stripped, cleaned, repaired and fully refinished throughout to a very high standard - I still can't believe how good they are!

I've just had mine done from BJV wheel refurbishment. Charged £156 to acid strip and powder coat all 4. Collected from my home and delivered 1 week later. However I supplied wheel only without tyres, I'm sure it was around £35 extra with tyres. Great finish very impressed.

240-singh said:
I've just had mine done from BJV wheel refurbishment. Charged £156 to acid strip and powder coat all 4. Collected from my home and delivered 1 week later. However I supplied wheel only without tyres, I'm sure it was around £35 extra with tyres. Great finish very impressed.

Sounds like a reasonable price for a good job
Do you have their details and where are they based? Anywhere near the London ?
Thanks

If South London, then Wheel Works in Fleming Way, Crawley might work. They refurbed a set for a friend which looked very good. He was pleased. I think it was two hundred and something. They have website with pics and prices.

BJV are based near Hemel Hempstead. However i live in Wokingham (berkshire) and they happily did pick up and drop of. I think they cover up to around 45 mile from their shop. Here's a link, worth a ask. I am more than happy for you to come and see the results if you wish.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk

snow leopard said:
If South London, then Wheel Works in Fleming Way, Crawley might work. They refurbed a set for a friend which looked very good. He was pleased. I think it was two hundred and something. They have website with pics and prices.

+1 have used them for several sets of wheels now and found them to be very good and a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom