Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did I see you today in your 3 wheeler going over the Canal bridge in Burcott/Broughton lane?

I wonder if DR 51NHA is comedian/quizzer Dr Paul Sinha on the chase?
Well spotted!! Yep, that was me.

And testing my memory/observation here.....

White or silver MB coming towards Aylesbury at the bridge lights?

Last edited:
Well spotted!! Yep, that was me.

And testing my memory/observation here.....

White or silver MB coming towards Aylesbury at the bridge lights?

I was in camouflage. Yes it was at the bridge lights, you were front of the queue, I was going in the opposite direction in a dark blue Audi A6 Allroad with a nice V8 burble. :)

I live just up the road from there and would be interested in seeing your JZR if you are ever in the area again.

I was in camouflage. Yes it was at the bridge lights, you were front of the queue, I was going in the opposite direction in a dark blue Audi A6 Allroad with a nice V8 burble. :)

I live just up the road from there and would be interested in seeing your JZR if you are ever in the area again.
Maybe after Christmas (trying to isolate before visiting aged parent in the ‘window’). I’m just down the road in Tring. PM me as and when?

JZR - a nice V-twin blat......😏

Back on topic, 1 CW on a Range Rover today in Tring

Is that a UK or foreign plate????

kc
Just Googled, and found this.......Diplomatic plates....

“The first three numbers in the format represent the country or international organisation, for example Sweden; which has been allocated the numbers 259. In some cases, for larger countries, a range of numbers issued, for example Spain, which has been issued the range 253 to 255.

The letter in the number plate represents the type of person the vehicle is allocated to, with D being used for diplomats and X for non-diplomatic accredited personnel.

The final three numbers in the number plate are identifiers, with the range 101 to 399 being used for diplomats, 400 to 699 for non-diplomatic staff, and 700 to 999 for consular staff.”

So, this is from the International Maritime Organisation (so not a particular country), and issued to a consular or non-diplomatic individual.

We live and learn!

Last edited:
I’m sure I saw HRO1N on black Lambo near the Albert Hall earlier.
I looked on AskMid but it only says it’s insured but doesn’t give the make or model. :dk:

1 JAM on a black S Class
1 PAN on a black BMW 7 series
Obviously belonging to the Jamaican and Panamanian embassies.

WD 18 LTD on a skip lorry belonging to WD Skip Hire LTD.

All seen in Knightsbridge.

On the subject of plates, in my area in Scotland there seems to be a high number of cars with a Z in the plate.
I know the letter Z only appeared on Irish registrations before the changes were made.

On the subject of plates, in my area in Scotland there seems to be a high number of cars with a Z in the plate.
I know the letter Z only appeared on Irish registrations before the changes were made.

It can only be used as one of the three random letters after the two digit "age" identifier though so just... well random.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom