Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Basically it's you have to space characters correctly, be it 111 or 777 or bbb

On the local ice cream van

AM-JKLWMjh6D141RG-LAKKcMTzJ9r0WDy9vhpCOaHzzL4LnYgkXLV0tieIpV7O7lFhwOsDT1FNUkwROiI15Sp8V5SRHpUQbtSaSlEw-Gdec452ee9Jd9GqKb082WXJXh_tOYPHD9-RcYngDHTjuGI0FGZGSuHQ=w1204-h903-no
I saw another one yesterday, wasn't an ice-cream van from what I remember but it had F51 CES (F5 ICES) and was legally spaced

A mate of mine had HIL 911 on a ‘77 Porsche 911 Targa. Paid about £5000 for the car in the mid noughties.

Was he based in Coventry? I'm sure I used to see that on a regular basis, I think he owned a property across the road from me

I think that is a Porsche owned number (or 911 HUL). 👍🏻👍🏻
I give up. It could well have been HIL 911 or probably something completely different lol

Reactions: Ted
I give up. It could well have been HIL 911 or probably something completely different lol

It probably was HIL.

HUL and HIL is the difference between a GB plate and NI plate (respectively).

I used to know a guy with HIL #### (memorable numbers then!) on his Astra GTE 16V when I had one around the same time in the mid 90s.

That would also have been an NI plate.

There are no special conditions to the spacing of characters next to a 1.
I did own IIW 181 for about 20 years, on every car spaced IIW I8I as normal .
Yes, correct. but the '1's do take up less linear space than any other number.
As here on my wife's Defender 'Vera'. I bought the the plate for her 41st birthday. She still is not as old as the plate may indicate, but just like the '1's we are still close......

IMG_0462.JPG

There are no special conditions to the spacing of characters next to a 1.
I did own IIW 181 for about 20 years, on every car spaced IIW I8I as normal .
Yes there are. It relates to the spacing of the 1 adjacent to other characters. Leaflet INF104 states the size of a ‘1’ need not be 50mm whereas all other characters must be. This allows a ‘1’ to be closer to an adjacent character in appearance.

Yes there are. It relates to the spacing of the 1 adjacent to other characters. Leaflet INF104 states the size of a ‘1’ need not be 50mm whereas all other characters must be. This allows a ‘1’ to be closer to an adjacent character in appearance.
I think a 50mm "1" would look out of place.The spacing rules are still the same for "1" and "I"

An I and a 1 dont need to be 50mm wide (bit obvious as to why) but the spacings are as for any other letter/number.

As can be seen with my GTR the spacings between the 1's are exactly the same as the spacings between the letters. The only difference is that visually the 1's 'appear' to be spaced closer.

Attachments

• Go-KartingExeter2009-2 (1).jpg
    Go-KartingExeter2009-2 (1).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom