• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just leaves the mystery of the MOT history and the incorrectly spelt manufacturer’s name. That’s still very odd. If the trip meter was broken it would still pass it’s MOT I guess but would you go all of those years with it like that. If you ever came to sell it how would you explain that, mileage unknown would not do it any favours I would think :rolleyes:

It looks right to these old eyes. I would be surprised if it’s a replica, and top marks if it is. Either way, glad to hear it’s being enjoyed 👍🏻
Yes, it looks 'right' to me too. Comparing it to other snaps on t'internet, all the little details seem to marry up.

Saw AM60 DOG on a CLS 350 last night. Being driven at over double the speed limit on a narrow residential street. Merc owners aren't what they used to be...

H2 HOT.
What is it? A Lambo or a Fako??

It's a real one, it's a 1989 car that was the second to last one registered in the UK.

Plenty of info on Pistonheads about it. Just search for the reg number. It's well known in Countach circles.

The mileage is often a bit funky on these as they all have the odometers in KM, even RHD cars were never converted to mph, so you often have a right mish mash of mileages on MOT's some have converted it, others haven't, some have actually registered it as KM.

It's a real one, it's a 1989 car that was the second to last one registered in the UK.

Plenty of info on Pistonheads about it. Just search for the reg number. It's well known in Countach circles.

The mileage is often a bit funky on these as they all have the odometers in KM, even RHD cars were never converted to mph, so you often have a right mish mash of mileages on MOT's some have converted it, others haven't, some have actually registered it as KM.
That’s really strange re the odometer in KMs.

Was the Speedo the same or did the owner need to put little stickers on it so he knew his speed?

That’s really strange re the odometer in KMs.

Was the Speedo the same or did the owner need to put little stickers on it so he knew his speed?
Not sure to be honest, I do know the odometers were left to register KM but I think the speedo's themselves had to at least have some sort of mph reading to be able to be registered in the UK.

Not sure to be honest, I do know the odometers were left to register KM but I think the speedo's themselves had to at least have some sort of mph reading to be able to be registered in the UK
That is correct, to be legal in the UK the car has to display both KM and MPH :)

AR17OLD yesterday on the back of an Audi SUV - notable for not having his name on the front

That is correct, to be legal in the UK the car has to display both KM and MPH :)
Is that a fairly new rule? I only ask as my old Lancia Integrale had no mention of mph at all and I never had any issues at MOT time.

Is that a fairly new rule? I only ask as my old Lancia Integrale had no mention of mph at all and I never had any issues at MOT time.
I couldn’t tell you unfortunately, maybe a Google search will tell :)

From my matey.

‘Not an MOT failure. But...only genuine UK supplied Integrales have an mph speedo. Mine is one...so yes it has an mph speedo. And odometer. It's quite rare.
Even people who think they "know" about Integrales get confused on the mph/kph speedo issue...’

From my matey.

‘Not an MOT failure. But...only genuine UK supplied Integrales have an mph speedo. Mine is one...so yes it has an mph speedo. And odometer. It's quite rare.
Even people who think they "know" about Integrales get confused on the mph/kph speedo issue...’
No, I was unaware of that UK-supplied ones were in mph, I'll admit. I know that mine was personally imported by the previous owner from Italy. Also, somewhere deep in the fog of my memory banks, I think I recall that UK-supplied ones all had sunroofs too, but that may be wrong. What I do know is that I sold mine (a 16v, but non-Evo) about 12 years ago for £3k and, looking at prices of them now, rather wish I hadn't! Aah, hindsight...

No, I was unaware of that UK-supplied ones were in mph, I'll admit. I know that mine was personally imported by the previous owner from Italy. Also, somewhere deep in the fog of my memory banks, I think I recall that UK-supplied ones all had sunroofs too, but that may be wrong. What I do know is that I sold mine (a 16v, but non-Evo) about 12 years ago for £3k and, looking at prices of them now, rather wish I hadn't! Aah, hindsight...
I’ll ask him if his has a sunroof.

He paid around £18,000 for his around 2007. He’s the second owner and it’s got under 50,000 miles on it. In the last 3 years it’s had a full respray and engine rebuild. It’s owes him the thick end £45,000 but is worth considerably more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom