• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone seen any good number plates on cars lately?

That is correct, to be legal in the UK the car has to display both KM and MPH :)

I'm going to throw out a theory here.

I'm not entirely sure Lambo had an official dealership as such back then. They certainly had a presence here in the form of Portman Lambo who I used to work just around the corner from in London some 30 or so years ago. They held the UK concession, whatever that means exactly.

I wonder if these cars were such low volume that they were handled as specials or low volume or even effectively personal imports for each customer when ordered?

Hence the rather haphazard use of KM/MPH on the speedos.

All reminds me of the opening scenes of Rain Man.

I'm going to throw out a theory here.

I'm not entirely sure Lambo had an official dealership as such back then. They certainly had a presence here in the form of Portman Lambo who I used to work just around the corner from in London some 30 or so years ago. They held the UK concession, whatever that means exactly.

I wonder if these cars were such low volume that they were handled as specials or low volume or even effectively personal imports for each customer when ordered?

Hence the rather haphazard use of KM/MPH on the speedos.

All reminds me of the opening scenes of Rain Man.
I think I remember one in Denham, Bucks. I was in the industry back then and I remember someone talking about it. :)

I remember Portman Lambo from my apprentice days in and around the hood.

I go past the place everyday but I can’t recall what it is nowadays.

Saw P13DGE on a grey transit yesterday, looked like PLEDGE but no other writing on the van at all.

WE13OME - read it as Welcome - on an Isuzu truck
16JAM - 911GT3RS belonging to some well known car collecting singer 😂

1663229678595.png

saw this earlier, left me wondering what sort of contract killer advertises his special set of skills via his number plate

Could have course just been his initials!

My friend Sarah recent got married. She kept het maiden name however....because if she hadn't her full initials would have changed from S.L.U.N....to S.L.U.T!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom