• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Apple CarPlay issues 2022 Vito (W447)

Looks good Ant, but ouch!

Though I would expect the original unit is worth a few bob that you can sell to recoup some of the outlay...?.

There may be some sort of anti theft protection that will need to be disabled before removing the unit, or it will not work in another car - check this if you can.

Eeek, 700 notes might be a bit much for me, although that unit has a cd player i think which i dont need.

I watched a video of some guy doing an upgrade and there seems to be a lot of what appear to be Merc specific plugs on the back of the factory unit, but i guess adapters and stuff can be bought/used?

Eeek, 700 notes might be a bit much for me, although that unit has a cd player i think which i dont need.

I watched a video of some guy doing an upgrade and there seems to be a lot of what appear to be Merc specific plugs on the back of the factory unit, but i guess adapters and stuff can be bought/used?
Keep me posted Jason. Interested on how you go about your fix.

When is your van due? What’s the spec. Post photos when it lands. 👌🏻

Gone for a 116 compact Premium Selenite Grey with LED headlights with High Beam Assist+, full climate control, hot water auxillary heater, ambient lighting pack, tailgate with LED rear lights. (wanted led tail lights but these only came if you had a tailgate for some reason, although i see most manufacturers are the same). Was dithering about heated seats but again, with the Aux heater, the cab will be warm before i get in so figured there wasn't much point.

I was going to go for the LED light strip in the load area but decided, being an electrician, ill get some 12V strips and channel from my suppliers and fit that.

I have had adaptive cruise on previous cars/vans, but i just found that i didnt really use it that much as i don't do long motorway journeys so i didnt bother with that.

Dealer was trying to convince me to go for the Audio 40, but i never use factory sat nav in any vehicle with CarPlay as i get on so much better with Google Maps. Certainly glad i didn't now, with the potential Apple issues!

When i ordered it, they already had a build slot and i had to get the spec to them before the end of Jan and was told March delivery sometime, but not heard anything yet.

The plugs are fairly standard. Ive fitted Morel speakers and an amplifier to my vito. Also sound deadened the whole cab including the bulkhead. Its very quiet now!

I also took out the dual bench seat and fitted a second comfort seat for the passenger. Given the driving position and economy, its the vehicle of choice!

The plugs are fairly standard. Ive fitted Morel speakers and an amplifier to my vito. Also sound deadened the whole cab including the bulkhead. Its very quiet now!

I also took out the dual bench seat and fitted a second comfort seat for the passenger. Given the driving position and economy, its the vehicle of choice!
I may well be popping to see you for some upgrades Alfie. Standard speakers are very poor (and as for the horn! 🥴)

I specified the comfort passenger seat as never needed 3 seats in the 6 years of old van. Much better for Mrs Ant as the duel bench in old van was virtually 90 degrees upright.

I’ve wrapped the bulk head too. Much better. 👌

Gone for a 116 compact Premium Selenite Grey
That sounds the part. I was really taken with Selenite but changed last minute to Dark Graphite because it matched the non painted handles better.
with LED headlights with High Beam Assist+,
The ILS & HBA will blow your mind (unless you’re used to it on other vehicles). We’ve got it on our C Class so it was a firm ✅ on the van.

full climate control,
Yes. Definitely better than the standard air con. The ‘rest’ feature is awesome.
hot water auxillary heater,
Ok, I’m officially jealous. Be great to remotely warm the van. Looking forward to hearing about that. 👍

I ordered the electric heating element that works until the coolant water gets up to temperature. It’s very quick to come through on start up.
ambient lighting pack,
I ordered that. But really disappointed. Certainly not £230 worth. But the MB projector Puddle lights are fab.
tailgate with LED rear lights. (wanted led tail lights but these only came if you had a tailgate for some reason, although i see most manufacturers are the same).
Frustrating as hell. I wanted the tailgate for working under in the rain BUT I Tow a trailer 80% of the time which would mean I wouldn’t gain access to rear without unhooking trailer. So barn doors it was. I’ve retrofitted LED units so all good.
Was dithering about heated seats but again, with the Aux heater, the cab will be warm before i get in so figured there wasn't much point.
I opted for them but agree you’ll not need them much.
I was going to go for the LED light strip in the load area but decided, being an electrician, ill get some 12V strips and channel from my suppliers and fit that.
Got that. Worth the £100 but I’ve still had to add additional LED strips because I’ve racked the van out so there were dark spaces.

You’ll soon have your lit up like Blackpool being a sparky. 😁
I have had adaptive cruise on previous cars/vans, but i just found that i didnt really use it that much as i don't do long motorway journeys so i didnt bother with that.
I wanted that (as we use it all the time on the car) but they removed the option a week before I put the order in. Maybe they’ve reinstated it since? 🤷‍♂️
Dealer was trying to convince me to go for the Audio 40, but i never use factory sat nav in any vehicle with CarPlay as i get on so much better with Google Maps. Certainly glad i didn't now, with the potential Apple issues!
With all the issues I’ve had I wish I’d have got the 40. 🥴
When i ordered it, they already had a build slot and i had to get the spec to them before the end of Jan and was told March delivery sometime, but not heard anything yet.
So anytime now eh? 🥳

What’s your current workhorse? Are you P/X’ing it?

I’d recommend an inverter too. I’ve got a makita charging station running so batteries are on charge as I’m out and about. It’s so convenient.

Last edited:
That sounds the part. I was really taken with Selenite but changed last minute to Dark Graphite because it matched the non painted handles better.

The ILS & HBA will blow your mind (unless you’re used to it on other vehicles). We’ve got it on our C Class so it was a firm ✅ on the van.

Yes. Definitely better than the standard air con. The ‘rest’ feature is awesome.

Ok, I’m officially jealous. Be great to remotely warm the van. Looking forward to hearing about that. 👍

I ordered the electric heating element that works until the coolant water gets up to temperature. It’s very quick to come through on start up.

I ordered that. But really disappointed. Certainly not £230 worth. But the MB projector Puddle lights are fab.

Frustrating as hell. I wanted the tailgate for working under in the rain BUT I Tow a trailer 80% of the time which would mean I wouldn’t gain access to rear without unhooking trailer. So barn doors it was. I’ve retrofitted LED units so all good.

I opted for them but agree you’ll not need them much.

Got that. Worth the £100 but I’ve still had to add additional LED strips because I’ve racked the van out so there were dark spaces.

You’ll soon have your lit up like Blackpool being a sparky. 😁

I wanted that (as we use it all the time on the car) but they removed the option a week before I put the order in. Maybe they’ve reinstated it since? 🤷‍♂️

With all the issues I’ve had I wish I’d have got the 40. 🥴

So anytime now eh? 🥳

What’s your current workhorse? Are you P/X’ing it?

I’d recommend an inverter too. I’ve got a makita charging station running so batteries are on charge as I’m out and about. It’s so convenient.
Yes really looking forward to it!

I had vw caddy’s for years and went for a new 22 plate and it was awful, especially the ride quality as it killed my back. And you felt like you were driving around in a tin can. Very poor product.

Was then going to go for a new shape Citan but they were not sure on any delivery dates but I had to get out of the vw so did a deal on a Vito.

Oh and I just remembered I also specced the heated washer system coz why not?

:D

Spooky that Mike. I’ve had a fair few accessories from Vanstyle and that particular horn is in my basket there.

Knowing absolutely zilch about such things I’m just wondering if a standard horn like the one in my 205 C Class could be fitted with additional wiring. 🤔
I had a few bits off Vanstyle 'back in the day' when the VeeDub T4 was my chosen mode of transport.👍

What do you guys use to sound deaden the bulkhead?

I ordered Anthracite. Mine came with a peal off back (self adhesive). In hindsight I should have fitted it when I had the bulk head removed (it was squeaking so I refitted it with rubber washers between bulkhead and frame).

Fitting was made easier because of single passenger seat. If you’ve a fixed passenger bench you’ll defo have to remove bulkhead. Be very easy laid out on the floor.

Well worth the effort.

I ordered Anthracite. Mine came with a peal off back (self adhesive). In hindsight I should have fitted it when I had the bulk head removed (it was squeaking so I refitted it with rubber washers between bulkhead and frame).

Fitting was made easier because of single passenger seat. If you’ve a fixed passenger bench you’ll defo have to remove bulkhead. Be very easy laid out on the floor.

Well worth the effort.
Brilliant cheers.

What did you stick it with? Contact adhesive?

And how easy is the bulkhead to remove?

The slight issue I have is that as soon as I pick it up, I’ll need to load it up to put into service

Brilliant cheers.

What did you stick it with? Contact adhesive?

And how easy is the bulkhead to remove?

The slight issue I have is that as soon as I pick it up, I’ll need to load it up to put into service
Sorry matey, ignore my previous link. :wallbash:

This is the company:

There are 2 types available. one you need to use spray adhesive. but the one I ordered is self adhesive (sticky back)

Bulk head is a 2 minute job, 20 or so bolts out with the impact driver.

Aye, that can be the issue with a work van, no time to mess about.

....and I ordered this to put on the deck before building my racking. I ordered enough to cover the racking shelving too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom