Best oil extractor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just change the oil and renewed the filter this afternoon as the last of this good weather made it the perfect day for me. I have the Pela, same as W1ghty and been using it over the years on our cars.
How long does it take to drain the engine?

So, with the oil on the hot side, it takes my oil, 6.5Ltr about 15mins, giving a nice amount of time to remove and fit the new oil filter.

I would say, if you have not got a Pela, consider buying the unit for Lidi. Saves moving the dirty form the Pela to container and looks a good bit of kit....if it works for a few years!

I would say, if you have not got a Pela, consider buying the unit for Lidi. Saves moving the dirty form the Pela to container and looks a good bit of kit....if it works for a few years!

Mine has

Do you mean the electric one? If so have you used it and how long did it take? I was a bit worried it may drain the battery before it had finished

Do you mean the electric one? If so have you used it and how long did it take? I was a bit worried it may drain the battery before it had finished
If the Lidl oil extractor drains your battery then it’s time for a new battery...!

Just change the oil and renewed the filter this afternoon as the last of this good weather made it the perfect day for me. I have the Pela, same as W1ghty and been using it over the years on our cars.
Unless you forget to fill it back up with oil :D
And even then, it would still start... ( unless there was a built in low oil sensor that would prevent it from starting ) but the question is how long it would run for... :)

The Lidl oil pump takes approx. 1 Amp/Hr out of my 85 Amp/hr battery. It's a complete none issue.

Aldl oil extractor, Hi all. I service my wife little Ford Focus yesterday.thanks to Aldi oil extractor that I bought last year recommended at this forum.I wanted to get the oil from the sump but bolt refused to loss.I tried the Aldi pump and it worked fine,manage to get a bit over 4 litres. Thanks guys for the recommendation. Next week I am serving my w204 with this oil extractor.

If anyone is interested, the Lidl one is back on sale next Thursday for £9.99. They have some other goodies too including a CTEK

334381_04.jpg
Ive always drained but thinking of using a pump, looking at this you have shown, i'm a great panicker looking at the picture how about that black plastic coming off in the engine !!

Just reading instructions on Lidl oil pump. It says oil no hotter than 60 and don't let pump run for more than 30 mins. It says flow rate for oil at 60 is 0.2 litres a minute. So at best it's a litre every 5 mins. Car takes 6.5 litres so may have to give pump a rest says leave for 10 mins if been running for the maximum 30 mins.

Ive always drained but thinking of using a pump, looking at this you have shown, i'm a great panicker looking at the picture how about that black plastic coming off in the engine !!

The black plastic goes into an empty container. The thin clear pipe goes down the dipstick tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom