Best oil extractor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are interested Anderzen.AMG (YouTube) changes the oil on a C55 (like mine) with a vac pump and then drops the plugs off both sides of the saddle sump and discovers 700ml of old oil remains. Neither he or I were surprised at this . I use my vac pump on all of our vehicles except for the C55 because of the saddle sump.

He is a young bloke messing with a C55 for track/street use (manual box etc) and is on a budget and down to earth while on the same time happy to admit he is on a (journey) learning curve.

Between him and Alex at Legitstreecars.com they are pretty much the only USA YT content I watch regarding Mercedes Benz, oh and Hoovies garage he is funny. The rest seem like loud shouty poseurs.

Well you have frightened me enough saying it may get caught. I won't ever use that. if i do do it that way i will get the sealy, thanks for the tip.

My Sealy hand vac pump came with various diameter pipes that are very stiff PVC and you would be very very unlucky to get one stuck in a dipstick tube .I have used it to change oil on hydraulic power packs amongst other things. Never once did I fear the hose getting stuck anywhere.

Well you have frightened me enough saying it may get caught. I won't ever use that. if i do do it that way i will get the sealy, thanks for the tip.

Just mark the length and don't let it snake into the sump and you'll be fine.
My Sealy hand vac pump came with various diameter pipes that are very stiff PVC and you would be very very unlucky to get one stuck in a dipstick tube .I have used it to change oil on hydraulic power packs amongst other things. Never once did I fear the hose getting stuck anywhere.

Can happen.
I snagged a plastic pipe taking a sample for analysis. Got it free eventually but the fear of leaving part of it behind or bending what it was snagged on was very real at the time.

The best extractor is the removal of the sump plug . No better way to remove old oil . Without a sump plug then extraction must be done with extraction pump ..I have a 12 volt extractor pump off ebay there is lots to choose from . I change my oil by removing the sump plug, only reason i do this is there is a magnet in my sump plug that i check and clean after each oil change . But if its wet or damp outside then i extract the old oil with the 12volt extraction pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom