Best oil extractor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The big horse goes to the plastic bucket while the tin one to the engine.Very easy and clean job,I did it on my wife Ford Focus on Saturday .Am doing my w204 this weekend.The guy at Euro car part said it will not work for ford but it worked well. The first time that I put in the oil stick.It does not come out,I later moved it up a bit and it was fine and fast.I got almost for 4.5 litre and I put 4.5 litre back in.

The big horse goes to the plastic bucket while the tin one to the engine.Very easy and clean job,I did it on my wife Ford Focus on Saturday .Am doing my w204 this weekend.The guy at Euro car part said it will not work for ford but it worked well. The first time that I put in the oil stick.It does not come out,I later moved it up a bit and it was fine and fast.I got almost for 4.5 litre and I put 4.5 litre back in.
I just warm the car a little bit for about 3 to 5 minutes and was fine.

I have the sealey extractor with the vac pump handle on the top. Convenient if the engine is already warm, a couple of pumps and the lot comes out in moments.

I still prefer the old fashioned sump plug drain method :)
Up to a couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you.
I got fed up of wrestling with under-trays.
I got an electric pump and was immediately converted.
I've no doubt that it does the job thoroughly.
The amount of power it takes out of your battery is trivial.

Right, whats the opinion on the W205 has a plastic sum nut, how about if you dont change it and it going brittle ?? i do like to panic.

MB's have had under trays for in excess of 30 year and I didn't mind draining from below while they left a cut out to expose the sump plug. Now that is no longer the case and the tray has to be removed, it's obvious you are expected to change the oil from above, so that's what I do.

Ha OK OK i went and bought one, its only just been done but i'm ready for it now next time.

Lots of good stuff here, Lidl pumps are no longer on sale though that I can see anyway.

I have seen lots on ebay of other brands, are these cheap ebay ones any good ie as good as the lidl ones or can anybody recommend one off ebay or amazon that would be a good electric pump option.

My next oil change I am planning to pump out the oil, not done it before so want to give it a try. Any recommendations? Cheers

Just got the Lidl booklet for next week and they have a 12v oil pump for sale at £12.99 seems to be on sale from 18th March

So i did buy one of these and my question is the pipe you put in the engine is all curled round in circles how do u get it straight to make sue it gets to the bottom of the engine ? my friend borrowed it to get petrol out his motorbike tank and it did not remove it so maybe only works on oil.

So i did buy one of these and my question is the pipe you put in the engine is all curled round in circles how do u get it straight to make sue it gets to the bottom of the engine ? my friend borrowed it to get petrol out his motorbike tank and it did not remove it so maybe only works on oil.
It is very easy to use, one hose is tiny and the other one a bit bigger,I can not remember hitch one goes in.check the flow in and out direction on the pump. Straight the hose and put it in your dip stick.I used it for my w204 and my wife Ford Focus.It got all the oil out. If I find pictures of my last service I will post it.

It is very easy to use, one hose is tiny and the other one a bit bigger,I can not remember hitch one goes in.check the flow in and out direction on the pump. Straight the hose and put it in your dip stick.I used it for my w204 and my wife Ford Focus.It got all the oil out. If I find pictures of my last service I will post it.
Also open the engine oil lid on your engine.

Thanks, i was wondering how to strighten the thin pipe out as it seemed so curly when my friend try to use it, measuring the dipstick is a good idea to know if its at the bottom, Ta

So i did buy one of these and my question is the pipe you put in the engine is all curled round in circles how do u get it straight to make sue it gets to the bottom of the engine ?
Another win for the Pela - it has it's lower tube in flexible steel that can be felt to clunk when it hits the bottom of the sump.
If the pump you have is plastic throughout then you do need to take care. It can end up coiled up in the sump and snag on a baffle when trying to remove it.
Go variation of the dipstick (which is unlikely to go to the very bottom) theme with a bit of wire then mark the tube accordingly. Use a ty-wrap and it can form a positive stop against the top of the dipstick tube.

to get petrol out his motorbike tank and it did not remove it so maybe only works on oil.

I'd be careful with that - unless it's designated explosion safe. A spark from the motor (or switch or connecting clips) is all petrol vapour needs to ignite.

I have just bought a Sealey TP6901 after a long deliberation. It is well made and does the job, oil change done, next job is change the CHF power steering fluid.

I doubt that you will be able to vac the steering rack dry from the expansion tank. I would be interested to know if it works. expect to extract just under a litre in total. I changed my CHF fluid the long way (long story why I did it his way) by adding , vacuuming on repeat until fluid was clear , used about 3 litres this method but when I did it the thin tube on the syringe I used would only go a short distance into the tank before bottoming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom